Memories of 2007 RSH Nesting

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Lou Buscher, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Well I keep checking each day but those little guy’s are gone. I figure they are in the area yet as in the past the young would hang in my area for a while. So I picked out the ones I posted and figured I share my memories about the red shoulder hawks neasting for 2007 with all who want to take a look. Heres the slide show link
    Lou
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/loub/sets/72157600482688383/show/

2. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Hey Lou, I didn't know you were a poet too! :tongue:

Absolutely fun to view. I will be going back later.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Lou,

Nice to see this species is successfully breeding up in your area. In my last couple of visits to Florida, I was amazed at how ubiquitous they were, and how oblivious they seemed to humans. A really neat species for sure. :smile:

4. Yep, That is well done Lou Nice to have it to look back on.

5. Yeah Andy a romantic at heart. I am happy for them yet I am sad they are gone but the good Lord willing I will spend a 6th. year with them next year. Thank you for taking the time to look.
    Lou

6. Thank you Frank. I started with this pair 5 years ago and I had our DEC involved as the red shoulder was fast growing scarse here in this section so they have become very interested in me following them like I do some of our eagles. A good job for an old man with nothing better to do. Like Gary I too just have to worry about gas. taxes and how many Doctors I have.:biggrin:
    Lou

7. Thanks Gary and yes it is I now have 5 years of their nesting documented and have found all the nest trees they have been useing as like so many other raptors they move around, not far but far enough to make you spend some time looking for them.
    Lou

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow very very nice
    Good memory of the sequence of events.
    Sorry to loose one baby though.

Thank you for your time and hard work putting this together....

9. Thanks for looking Gale and as for looseing one that is not to bad for this species as having 4 is a lot of work, heck they had their talons full with 3. I now have 5 years of memories with this pair. A little like some of the eagle pairs.
    Lou

10. I hope you enjoyed it Dianne as I really had a lot of fun watching each photo pop up and remember taking it. Thanks for taking the time to look
    Lou