Memories of Color.

Real Name
Mike
I sure wish this still had the color it had a few months ago! Can't wait for Spring. :890:

1213625627_a7m5D-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nice but to my eye it would have benefited from a more vertical orientation. If possible, I would have cropped much lower on the dried flowers' stem. And the lack of color isn't a problem for me at all. However, I appreciate that if you've spent a winter without much color, as may be the case in Ohio, you would be ready for spring. Obviously, we don't have the same problem in California, even the northern part of the state where I live.

Mike,

:wink: I actually like this just the way it is and here's why: To my eye, the OOF flower in the BG looks like the backside of the in-focus subject. IOW's, this looks like a mirror image, with everything in the mirror being OOF. That's just me, but because of the mirroring, I prefer it just the way you have it cropped. :smile:

BTW - I heard the RTH's screeching today over one of our valleys. A sure sign on our ridge that good-weather days are coming. :wink:

Real Name
Mike
Nice but to my eye it would have benefited from a more vertical orientation. If possible, I would have cropped much lower on the dried flowers' stem. And the lack of color isn't a problem for me at all. However, I appreciate that if you've spent a winter without much color, as may be the case in Ohio, you would be ready for spring. Obviously, we don't have the same problem in California, even the northern part of the state where I live.
Thanks Curtis. This was one of a few shots I took while wandering around the yard the other day, hoping to find a little color to shoot. I made a few shots of the seed heads and noticed the colorful items in my neighbor's yard and wanted to incorporate it into an image. Kind of a contrast thing. I was more intent on that, at that point. I will have to remember to try different framing orientations in the future, as you suggest.

I agree with Curtis regarding cropping. But I love the monochromatic "flower" against the gently colored background. Very nice.
Thanks for the comments. The dull "flower" against the color was what I was going for here.

Mike,

:wink: I actually like this just the way it is and here's why: To my eye, the OOF flower in the BG looks like the backside of the in-focus subject. IOW's, this looks like a mirror image, with everything in the mirror being OOF. That's just me, but because of the mirroring, I prefer it just the way you have it cropped. :smile:
Thank you Herschel. I always enjoy your views and interpretations. IOW's????:confused: My brain hasn't reset it's clock yet. :tongue:

BTW - I heard the RTH's screeching today over one of our valleys. A sure sign on our ridge that good-weather days are coming. :wink:
I've seen quite a few RTHs in the last week perched along the roads on the way home from work. In the evenings, the Robins and the Cardinals have been singing, staking out there territories around the neighborhood. So I know it can't be long now. :smile:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom