Men's Softball

Great shots! #1 is a good capture. If you can not get the feet in the frame, perhaps consider a tighter crop to emphasize the ball, bat and concentration.

Randy

Slow pitch softball, that's something that we haven't seen here in quite some time. Well done Jeff, go out get some more.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great shots! #1 is a good capture. If you can not get the feet in the frame, perhaps consider a tighter crop to emphasize the ball, bat and concentration.

Randy
Randy, Thanks for the comments. That's something I've got to work on, getting the feet in the frame. I'm not making excuses, but I do have a couple of pre-made good ones. :biggrin:
1. first men's softball game..I've ever photographed.
2. Still learning to work with a long prime.
After awhile, those excuses won't be valid..I'll either have to improve or come up with some new ones.:smile:

Slow pitch softball, that's something that we haven't seen here in quite some time. Well done Jeff, go out get some more.
Thanks Frank,
We have a rather nice park for city league play, that goes all the way from tball to men's softball. Years ago we had women's softball, but haven't seen any games lately.
I seemed to have a connection with _slow_ pitch softball. :biggrin:

J

JMartin

Nice captures, Jeff.

2. Still learning to work with a long prime.
I can attest to this one... I look at some of the images I took using Mitchell's 300mm this past weekend and say to myself "I would not have done that with my 70-200", when in reality, with my 70-200 the subject wouldn't have filled the entire frame. :biggrin:

Nice captures, Jeff.

I can attest to this one... I look at some of the images I took using Mitchell's 300mm this past weekend and say to myself "I would not have done that with my 70-200", when in reality, with my 70-200 the subject wouldn't have filled the entire frame. :biggrin:
I still might consider a zoom, but a prime makes me think more and zoom with my feet. Although there are just some shots I can't get with a long prime. Guess I need to carry two bodies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom