mention from another forum about nikoncafe

this was my main concern when joining a board. I don't mind sifting through content, as long as it is there. I must admit though, of all the forums that i have been on the past couple of years, NC is different.

First, they way that people are addressed by their names instead of username amkes the cafe seem a "chummy." Secondly, the widespread use of ones portrait or child's portrait makes it seems like you are actually addressing a real person. Finally, it is pretty strict, as in you can't even view without signing up and can't access the FS forum right away.

I love NC so far. maybe its just that photography is pretty personal, thus setting the mood of this private board. Kudos to the mods/management for running such a streamlined and informative site.
Lol I know!! Everytime I talk to Max Power or Fred on here i feel like i am talking to there kitties :biggrin:

I didnt think I hit the retirement home yet. As far as nastiness DP has a good market on that one. I guess coming somewhere pleasant isnt in some peoples mind sets. Oh well their loss.

Of course "it's like kindergarten for adults":wink: ... everyone at the Cafe wants to continue to learn how to improve "play time" with all the Nikon toys and the moderators help keep things in line so everyone has the best chance to play/learn and "show and tell" for all sorts of fun or serious stuff.

(a happy if not eloquent aldult kinnegartener) :biggrin:
Mike

dpreview is a nuthouse, they have an attitude pretty much about anything anyone dares to write about. I read the posts there, but it's just too much noise until you find some signal. The layout is retarded and does not add to the experience.

So I ignore pretty much everything that is opinion in there, I just focus on the facts. If/when they exist.

I still read DPReview forums though not closely. Unfortunately I find that there's a lot more posts I don't find useful and have to sort/skim through.

How I came to Nikon Cafe was because of DPReview. There was a particularly obnoxious member of DPR who was always belittling others with personal attacks. I was never targeted but it was more unpleasant stuff to scroll by.

One day he posted how much he disliked Nikon Cafe because the moderators here had removed some of his abusive posts. That told me there was a forum that wouldn't put up with his crap, so I visited here. I like it here. I've stayed.

Since then I believe he's been kicked out of DPReview, finally.

Poor Miss Banja is most upset that such a Twit has stolen her good name and maligning it with his Troll behavior. :tongue: :biggrin:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I go on a few forums here (UK) none have a decent,plain, straight forward layout as this one, which is a pleasure to read. There used to be one I was a regular on had lots of members from DPR because they just got totally fed up with the posts there and the mods. I'm another one who thinks its great here. Thank you N.C.

I like kindergarten.:biggrin:
I am surprised this didn't come up.

"All I really need to know I learned in kindergarten" by Robert Fulghum

Share everything.
Play fair.
Don't hit people.
Put things back where you found them.
Clean up your own mess.
Don't take things that aren't yours.
Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody.
Wash your hands before you eat.
Flush.
Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
Live a balanced life - learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some.
Take a nap every afternoon.
When you go out in the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands and stick together.
Be aware of wonder. Remember the little seed in the Styrofoam cup: the roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that.
Goldfish and hamsters and white mice and even the little seed in the Styrofoam cup - they all die. So do we.
And then remember the ****-and-Jane books and the first word you learned - the biggest word of all - LOOK.

Meh. I don't like Dpreview's or Nikonian's forum layout. simple as that. If I didn't like any I'd switch to Canon. LOL :)
x ∞

I'd much rather post here, if we are retired then they are well beyond death with that out date forum

I still go there but I like the organization here

and at least if people tell me my pictures suck here they at least try to help and figure out why

I came from other Nikons forums, and here at the Cafe', I found a nice and moderate place to discuss and share,
of all the comments on that DPR thread I agree with:
Unfortunately, people don't seem to be able to take personal criticism very well...and hence you now get the standard "great shots, nice pics, very sharp man" etc., when someone posts images...instead of a proper constructive critique and totally honest response.
in fact I'd like to read more, always polite of course, criticism when someone post their pics, BTW I can't stand for rudeness .. :frown:

cheers, Nik :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom