mention from another forum about nikoncafe

A

Apollux

Is not "Kindergarten for Adults", but you got to admit that there is some serious amount of back-patting going on the Cafe, way more than what is usual in the other forums. It actually surprized me when I first became a member.

Well good golly gosh darn, oops, forgive my language, sometimes i get a little carried away!!

I know for a rootin-tootin fact this place has reached into the realm of PG-13 at least twice since i started posting!

lolz

I for one have learned more from this forum than from any other source on the web. I don't post much, but I sure do listen. True photographers don't have to have an attitude to get their points across, their work does it for them. Thanks folks, and let the other guys whine:)

Meh. I don't like Dpreview's or Nikonian's forum layout. simple as that. If I didn't like any I'd switch to Canon. LOL :)

The Cafe is definitely the most tightly moderated forum I have ever experienced. I've never been a fan of a culture that tries to deny the existence of "bad" things by not talking about them (or not allowing discussion of them)...but I like the information from the forum, so I'm ok with it. It's not going to change how I interact w/ people in real life.

On some sites the inmates are out of control. Childish behaviour, bomb throwing and such take away from the experience. At times the rules on the Cafe seem a little tight, but if you give them an inch they'll take a mile.

The Cafe is definitely the most tightly moderated forum I have ever experienced. I've never been a fan of a culture that tries to deny the existence of "bad" things by not talking about them (or not allowing discussion of them)...but I like the information from the forum, so I'm ok with it. It's not going to change how I interact w/ people in real life.

Yes.

On some sites the inmates are out of control. Childish behaviour, bomb throwing and such take away from the experience. At times the rules on the Cafe seem a little tight, but if you give them an inch they'll take a mile.

Yes x 2

Wonder why they use that layout? I agree with you, it is distracting. Though it's not as bad as the ones that lay out the thread and the replies in a tree format.

Meh. I don't like Dpreview's or Nikonian's forum layout. simple as that. If I didn't like any I'd switch to Canon. LOL :)

this was my main concern when joining a board. I don't mind sifting through content, as long as it is there. I must admit though, of all the forums that i have been on the past couple of years, NC is different.

First, they way that people are addressed by their names instead of username amkes the cafe seem a "chummy." Secondly, the widespread use of ones portrait or child's portrait makes it seems like you are actually addressing a real person. Finally, it is pretty strict, as in you can't even view without signing up and can't access the FS forum right away.

I love NC so far. maybe its just that photography is pretty personal, thus setting the mood of this private board. Kudos to the mods/management for running such a streamlined and informative site.

I want my 3 minutes back!!! I read there reviews but not there forums..

But on a serious note, this forum has tought me a lot.. I used to belong to a car forum which was great at the beginning and throughout its existance, it got more rude and crude and no one was helpful just nasty.. Moderators had there favorites and didnt care.. I stopped going to that forum after a year.

Ive really enjoyed this forum a lot, the rules have never affected me or bothered me. But if this forum started running like many others, i gaurentee most people would cry for the orginial, I know I would.

One thing thats really caught my eye here is people with canon (or any other make) dont get treated any different. now go to a car forum like for example: GM and start talking about your honda or anything and watch stuff hit the fan.

I love the Cafe, i'll stay in this utopian world or whatever DPreview calls it lol..

Latest threads

Top Bottom