Mercer Arboretum

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Cope, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    These are a few of the shots I took at Mercer Arboretum last Saturday morning. The weather was overcast and it had been raining when we arrived. All shots were taken with my D200 and 60mm 2.8 Micro except for the last shot. Exif data is viewable with Opanda.

Mercer6.

Mercer7.

Mercer10.

Mercer20.

Mercer29.

Mercer30.

Mercer61.

This last one was taken with my 28-105 f3.5-4.5 at 55mm.

Mercer60.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful Images

3. Wow, really like that 2nd to the last! Great job!

4. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Thanks to both of you

Since you mentioned the 2nd to last, it and the last were taken within a minute of each other, but with different lenses. The difference isn't as apparent after photobucket re-sized them, but the 60mm you like was much lighter than the one taken with the 28-105mm, and a friend took the same shot using his KM 7D right after my two , and it looks more like my 60mm. The only thing I can attribute the difference to is the lens.???

5. To me the 2nd to last looks a bit "whiter" on the leaves, and the bokeh is also much nicer. Too much in focus in the last one. Both very nice though :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.