Merlin

I brought my wife to see Jim's exhibition with the idea of taking photos at Plum Island afterwards. It rained most of the afternoon, but it stopped long enough foe me to take photos of this cooperative subject.

_dsc4921.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_dsc4953.jpg

_dsc4954.jpg

Considering the conditions I think you did an outstanding job on these! A difficult situation exposure wise handled very well. I like your compositional choices too.

Interesting choice to put the birds on a white background. Why'd you choose this rather than the natural background?

Nice captures, Backlight against the sky is always difficult, I think your exposure is already very good.

You can try filling the white with light or deep blue to see how they look!

I tried that, and yes, the blue does look more like a sky, but these look different in a way I like - not something I would want many of, but these few look o.k. to me.

If anyone wants to download them, put in fake sky, and re-upload, feel free.:redface:

Nice images of the M. I don't mind the background, in fact it really "highlights" the bird:) Hard to find here in Oregon, but a very cool bird of prey.

Latest threads

Top Bottom