Merritt Session #2 - 5/30/2005 - 6/4/2005

This is the follow-up post that I've been promising, but have been too busy to get to. I will be traveling to the Merritt Island area in Florida on Sunday May 29, and will be staying in Cocoa Beach until Sunday June 5. I hope to get together with Harry, Gale, and Harris, and as many of you as possible.

I'll basically be shooting at the same three areas that are described in the Merritt Island web page, except that at least one day, I plan to go down to visit Harris in Jensen Beach. Not sure which day that will be yet, but it will let everyone know as soon as Harris and I work out the day.

I also hope to spend at least part of one day shooting at the Alligator Farm that Patrick and Leigh went to last month. Looks like some great shooting opportunities there too.

Please come down and join us if you possibly can. The February Merritt session was a birdie shooter's dream come true, and I understand that the activity in June will be as good or better.

Let me know via email or PM if you need further details.

Let's go birdie shooting!!

Frank

G

Gordon Large

Hi Frank -

Count me in. I'm looking forward to seeing and shooting real birds. Lots of birds. Oh, and meeting all of you too! :D

I'll have to nail down the dates, find hotels, make airline reservations etc, but I'll contact you offline for all that stuff.

I'm psyched!

Gordon

G

Gordon Large

Hi Frank -

Count me in. I'm looking forward to seeing and shooting real birds. Lots of birds. Oh, and meeting all of you too! :D

I'll have to nail down the dates, find hotels, make airline reservations etc, but I'll contact you offline for all that stuff.

I'm psyched!

Gordon

Gordon Large said:
Hi Frank -

I'm psyched!

Gordon

Gordon, This is fantastic!!

Who else??

Frank

Frank I sere am glad you mentioned the St Augustine Alligator Farm. Been wanting togo there for a long time.

Great historical city as well.

Tough to do in one day. But wil be fun.

Need to hitch a ride if I may, with someone.

Sure hope lots of folks can make it.

You staying at the Same place as set up last time. ??

Frank,

I'm interested. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Thornton

Gale said:
Frank I sere am glad you mentioned the St Augustine Alligator Farm. Been wanting togo there for a long time.

Great historical city as well.

Tough to do in one day. But wil be fun.

Need to hitch a ride if I may, with someone.

Sure hope lots of folks can make it.

You staying at the Same place as set up last time. ??

Gale,

Looks like Thorton is coming, and Mike Mac if he possibly can. You can ride with me to the Alligator Farm. Not sure which day yet. We need to discuss with everyone and see which day is best, what the farm hours are, etc. We are not staying at the motel this time. Janie has found us a house up in Cocoa Beach that we will be renting for a week. I'll give you the details when I get them.

Have you talked to Harry B recently? What about Doug Johansen?

Thorton,

Great to hear that you will be there!! Sounds like the crowd is beginning to gather. :lol:

We are going to have so much fun. :D

Later,

Frank

Gosh, I sure wish Patrick and I could make it down for this trip. Sounds like it's going to be tons of fun! I thought I'd post a link to the St. Augustine Alligator Farm for those interested. If you click on visitor information, there's a place to click for coupon. You'll get 20% off the admission price of $17.95 per person. Each coupon is good for 6 people.
www.alligatorfarm.com

Also, there's a terrific place to eat called Harry's. www.hookedonharrys.com

You guys have fun and come back w/lots of great pictures!

Thanks Leigh!! I wish that you guys could come too. We have been out of sync on our Florida trips this year. I know that both you and Patrick would have a blast with this group of nut cases.... :lol:

More dedicated photog's you won't find anywhere. 8)

Thanks for the coupon link.

Frank

It's killing me to not be able to go. We'll be headed to Michigan at that time... but will be thinking of you all... Know you'll have a great time.

I envy you going to the Alligator Farm. I've heard good things about that place and know you'll get super shots for us forum spectators.

Best to you all,
Gaye

Yeah, I really hate it that you and Stan can't come. I wish you could delay your departure for a week or so. 8)

Gordon Large said:
Hi Frank -

I'm psyched!

Gordon

So you will make it down after all Gordon, good. Look forward to meeting you.

Count me in

Hi Frank,
I'd really be interested in joining along. I wanted to come to the February outing but couldn't. I'll email/PM you for details a little later.

Latest threads

Top Bottom