Met the tenants of this cabin, added water shot for grins

Ok, so they live outside the walls. They still seemed to act like it was their property. :)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Doug, I was expecting to see racoons or something!! :eek: Love the log cabin.

Now, about that waterfall pic - WOW!!! Those little sunbeams certainly knew where to land, didn't they!!???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Sandi, yes, my favorite falls were dancing in the light today, that's what was so special. I played some with a new 85 2.8pc, wasn't hugely successful with it, but my 17-35 rarely lets me down, as evidenced here. The lighting is what I really loved about it today. :)

I was standing on top of a huge rock with water on 2 sides of me to get this angle. It's an easy rock to walk out on, but was still a bit of a effort.

Although the 85 PC did take the cabin shot at top.

Sandi, these tenents are considering building their own cabin I think. Wild guess?

Ordinarily, I would not care to much for this angle, but it seems to work for me with the coloration and flow here. I'd ask your opinion, but... with the limited response so far on my weekend efforts, I'll just post it and go. Enjoy or dismiss as average, as you wish.

Doug, they are all extremely nice, I'm surprised the deer didn't sense you and take off. You definately have the water trick down pat, I'm assuming you didn't need to use a ND filter due to the lighting conditions? - Jeff

P.S. Enjoy your pics when I poke around enough to find them. :smile:

Thanks Chris.

Geoff, so much appreciated, honored for you to think my images look professionally done. :)

Dianne, I'm gonna get one of my pics on your wall yet! LOL. thanks a lot.

Thanks Scott, I'll take the complement.

Thanks Jeff, the deer are somewhat sensitized to people being around them in Cades Cove. Possibly even the bears too you see. Though normally the bears tend to stay further away from people than the deer, except for when idiot tourists go chasing them on foot, then they usually go back in the woods. Of course, I was sat up with a tripod for 45 minutes in one spot probably waiting for this opportunity. I didn't know for sure it would happen, but there were 4 to 6 deer moving through the area, and I got lucky.

Also, since I was shooting 85mm, I was a little ways away from them shooting this wide a view with an 85.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom