Met the tenants of this cabin, added water shot for grins

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Doug, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Ok, so they live outside the walls. They still seemed to act like it was their property. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Doug, I was expecting to see racoons or something!! :eek: Love the log cabin.

Now, about that waterfall pic - WOW!!! Those little sunbeams certainly knew where to land, didn't they!!???

3. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Thanks Sandi, yes, my favorite falls were dancing in the light today, that's what was so special. I played some with a new 85 2.8pc, wasn't hugely successful with it, but my 17-35 rarely lets me down, as evidenced here. The lighting is what I really loved about it today. :)

I was standing on top of a huge rock with water on 2 sides of me to get this angle. It's an easy rock to walk out on, but was still a bit of a effort.

Although the 85 PC did take the cabin shot at top.

4. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Sandi, these tenents are considering building their own cabin I think. Wild guess?

[​IMG]

5. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Ordinarily, I would not care to much for this angle, but it seems to work for me with the coloration and flow here. I'd ask your opinion, but... with the limited response so far on my weekend efforts, I'll just post it and go. Enjoy or dismiss as average, as you wish.

[​IMG]

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Lovely cabin Doug, just what every deer needs. And you seem to have that moving/glowing water trick down!

7. Great images Doug with a polished and professional technique. Thanks for sharing/inspiring!!

8. I think they're all stunning! I love the way you captured the waterfalls! And the deer around the cabin! WOW! Great job! I'd hang these on my wall any day!

9. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    That's beautiful.

10. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    Doug, they are all extremely nice, I'm surprised the deer didn't sense you and take off. You definately have the water trick down pat, I'm assuming you didn't need to use a ND filter due to the lighting conditions? - Jeff

P.S. Enjoy your pics when I poke around enough to find them. :smile:

11. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Thanks Chris.

Geoff, so much appreciated, honored for you to think my images look professionally done. :)

Dianne, I'm gonna get one of my pics on your wall yet! LOL. thanks a lot.

Thanks Scott, I'll take the complement.

Thanks Jeff, the deer are somewhat sensitized to people being around them in Cades Cove. Possibly even the bears too you see. Though normally the bears tend to stay further away from people than the deer, except for when idiot tourists go chasing them on foot, then they usually go back in the woods. Of course, I was sat up with a tripod for 45 minutes in one spot probably waiting for this opportunity. I didn't know for sure it would happen, but there were 4 to 6 deer moving through the area, and I got lucky.

Also, since I was shooting 85mm, I was a little ways away from them shooting this wide a view with an 85.

12. reggieanne

reggieanne

Feb 17, 2007
    Arlington, TX
    i love the water shots! they're awesome!

13. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN