Metal Prints Question

I often see advertisements from online printers that talk about metal prints. Can someone here enlighten me? What exactly are metal prints? Is this a type of paper or is it true metal that is being printed on? Is there a particular type of photograph that looks better as a metal print, for example B&W or something with lots of rich colors?

I usually print myself using my Epson 2200 on either glossy or matte paper, so don't have much experience with sending my printing out. I have had a couple of canvas prints done, but have no experience with metal prints.

Thanks in advance.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
There are a few threads here on the Cafe that should come up with a search....such as this one...

Also, here is one of several companies that offer metal prints Bay Photo

Last edited by a moderator:
http://en.printolux.com/en/digital-printing/

This system can be used to print images on metall surfaces.
The prints have a very special look.
We use one of these printers in our company. When i bought it i visited the manufacturer and they showed me some printed photographs, what was really amazing to see.
The price of the system, special colors and regular service turns it to be for comercial use only.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Bay Photo had a great "first order" discount. Check to see if they are still offering it.

That's how I got my gorgeous metal print! The double matting really took the image to a whole other level!

I had a pretty large metal print done by Bay Photo last year. It turned out excellent. I wouldn't hesitate to order another from them.

I recently ordered two aluminyzed prints from Adoramapix - one on glossy white and the other on glossy silver. Both turned out really well, but I like the glossy silver more because the colors are deeper, have more pop, and has more of that 3D look. Something like a portrait with white background or a simple family picture would look great on the glossy white. Pictures with more vivid colors like a cityscape at night, lush forest, or a sunset would look awesome on the silver finish.

Don't forget to look for coupons before you place your order.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Bay Photo even has a sample kit, where you can get an image printed on several different metal finishes...

Latest threads

Top Bottom