Metallic paper

OK folks, I am so close to getting a 2880 or 3800/3880 and would like to know if anyone is using Kodak's metallic paper. From what I have found in the web, the paper comes is rolls, which tells me that the 3800 series is what I should buy. So, am I to assume (Uh-oh, I said the word) that Epsons inks will be just fine with this paper?

Does anyone print on metallic paper? How are you results? I get my metallics from smugmug and they look fantastic.

If you're talking about the Kodak Endura paper, it's "printed" with light and developed like normal (old fashioned) photographic paper, not printed on with ink.

just because it comes on rolls doesn't mean that it will work with your printer.

this paper does not have a coating on it designed to receive the ink from your printer. it is a photographic paper with an emulsion on it much like film. if your printer does put ink on it and by some miracle it does not smear all over the place, the whole thing would probably turn yellow the first day you put it up unless you run it through a fixative first.

This paper is an RA4 process paper. needs to be exposed with light and processed in RA4 chemistry. If you take this paper out of the box the surface before processing is not white, it's a tan color that will change as it's exposed to light.
If you were to process this paper to white, and try to print on it I don't think the ink from an Epson will adhere to it.

Thanks folks. I was just curious as my customers really seem to like the metallics. I'll stick with smugmug for those prints. I also put the printer purchase on hold because my editing computer fried. So a new computer must come first.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom