Metro - Servicing Washington D.C. area

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Vienna Pics, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    I was killing time one morning and was waiting for plane activity at Ronald Reagan Intl. Airport - it took me a couple of metro runs before I could get positioned.

This is what is locally known as 'The Metro'. It services Washington D.C., Maryland and Virginia. This was with very early morning lighting.

[​IMG]

2. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    Nice picture ...... I really like the convenience of the Metro and I will be traveling on one of these, this coming weekend, when I go to DC from the Herndon-Dulles area. My family decided to join me there since I come to the DC area for work every week and since I do not fly back home for the weekend my accommodations and car rental will be taken care of by my client. And yes, I got 3 round trip tickets for my family on Southwest from Chicago to Dulles for $350 !!! Great way to see places, especially since I travel all over the US for my work :biggrin:

3. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Thank you - Metro is known being clean, available and safe. It's great when you can take it.

4. What a great shot, Mark! So different from the usual ones of Metro trains pulling into the underground subway stations! :smile:

5. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Thank you very much Connie! The morning colors also make everything look different compared to the hazy afternoons we have so often.