Metropark in Ohio

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Bigmuddy, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Bigmuddy

Bigmuddy

Feb 28, 2007
    Ohio
    Went for a nice walk yesterday through one of Ohio's metropark and took along the D300 and the 'Beast'. All were handheld. Hope you enjoy.:biggrin:

1. Locked.
    [​IMG]

2. Busy.
    [​IMG]

3. Tasty.
    [​IMG]

4. You jump....I jump.
    [​IMG]

5. Down, Down, Down, Up, Down.
    [​IMG]

6. Refreshing (f22 @ 1/13) Tried to get the waterfall to look soft.
    [​IMG]

2. Brian: If I had to pick a favorite it would be No. 5. I like the lighting, the subject and the warm colors that attract the attention of the viewer. For my taste, I would have shot No. 1 in another light since I find the highlights to the left, in the foreground and that in front of the door too harsh to help the picture. It is a nice b&w conversion though. Such bright areas command attention from the viewer simply because they are the brightest parts within the composition.
    Something similar happens with your last picture. For my taste the light is a little stronger than I would like and although I was not there, something tells me a vertical composition should look nice also. If I had to shoot in this light, I would use a polarizer which should help to achieve the effect you want with the fall by slowing down your shutter speed by 2 stops.
    The other shots have more pleasant lighting.
    I recommend that you use your tripod. The "beast" is a great lens and if you want to see its full potential you should use a tripod.
    Thank you for sharing.
    William Rodriguez
    Miami, Florida.