MI4: ospreys

Discussion in 'Birds' started by The chemist, Apr 4, 2007.

1. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    I simply could not get enough of these guys. I lost track of where to put all the shots of these guys as I seem to have stumbled across them everyday while in florida. Only problem was they were always out midday:daydreaming:

So be forewarned...there may be more of these guys to come:wacko:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Would have gotten closer but kevin was with me...almost lost a shoe to this guy. Shot 2+gigs of this guy so more to go through of him:biggrin:
    Not sure why he let us get so close maybe he felt sorry for our attempt wading through the mud..fighting off alligators and swarming killer bees:biggrin:

[​IMG]

2. That perched shot is just great! You were very fortunate to get that close. Such feather detail... Great job!

3. Very nice Jonathan! That last one is perfect. I agree these guy are fun to shoot! Also, I notice all your post starts out with MI4 what does that meas?

Anthony

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Good ones.
    The last one. They are funny when they look at you like that...lol

5. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    They are all great - you saved the best for last.

6. nice shots dude.. I wish I spent more time with these birds! Were these taken near the bridge?

7. Wonderful shots, I can sure see why you took so many.

8. Jonathan, these are all great shots. Can't get enough Osprey shots to look at.
    Where was it you got these shots?

Louie

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent set Jonathan. I recognize some of those shots from our shared shooting venues. :smile:

10. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    Jim, good to hear from you! Yes i really enjoyed being able to get so close.

Thanks anthony! MI4 is the nick name for merrit island four. This is the trip that nikoncafe(frank et el.) put together in febuary and occurs annually. I am just WAY behind on processing:redface: :wink:

Thanks gale. I think he was pasted the who are you stage and was just wondering why we were standing in the mud staring at him:biggrin:

Thanks! I am hoping I have some good flight shots from the last series..i dont think i have proccesed them yet.

Most of these were taken from a pit stop between merrit and the hotel. I need to PM kevin scott for some of the details on the location for the last one. I know it was one of the roads branching off of merrit island. I will get back to you and louie.

Thanks! I really did have a blast

Thanks louie. I need to contact kevin and find out for sure the location but I will pm you.

Thanks frank! I am hoping to dig up some of your shots and others to see how everyone faired.

11. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    To all inquiring the Osprey was on Shiloh Marsh Road located in MINWR.