mice and keyboards problems I had and resolved

About a week ago I bought a logitech K540 wireless keyboard and associated mouse from a reputable computer company. It arrived and I unpacked it, looking good until!!!!! supposed to work out of the box so they say. Well it didn't, no communication with the computer , no instructions either, you can imagine my thoughts.
Checking it out I found the batteries were in the wrong way around. That could cause all sorts of problems but it didn 't. Problem solved???? no way .Intermittent communication with the computer. The dongle I tried on top of the computer case and also at the back USB3 port. Oh by the way nowhere does it ay use USB2 or USB3 port.
Eventually communication between computer keyboard and mouse is by line of sight I discovered, again nothing mentioned anywhere about this. Luckily I have a short USB3 cable male one end and female the other, so connected the dongle to that any YIPPEE it works ..

Here is what I have had to do. they need to supply a large dongle in my opinion

w8ySLHi.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Use a double sided sticker onto the computer case side. So I have contacted Logitech about their errors with no information and wait for their reply

Mike
It got to the stage I was going to smash the keyboard and mouse up and dig out my wired setup instead. For a company as large as logitech their standard of testing -checking -and printed information is terrible to say the least. If I had run my business not looking at it from the customers point of view I would not have lasted long.
Product/service Information is the life blood of any company, without that you are on a looser.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom