Michigan gathering June 23---input needed ASAP!

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by sommer, Apr 27, 2007.

1. For those who are coming to the Michigan gathering on June 23....are you interested in going on a tour of the Livingston County Courthouse? The courthouse is a beautifully restored 1889 structure; it's a step back in time and a look at some stunning architecture, yet the building, and even the courtroom, are still in use today....judges from all over the state love to come to our courthouse and preside there. I first saw the interior of the courthouse last May, and I can't wait to go back again with my camera...it's an amazing place, and if you're the least bit interested in architecture or in lovely historic buildings, it's not to be missed. The courthouse is located in downtown Howell, and the tour would likely be in the morning, around 10a.m.

I need your input as to whether you're interested in attending a tour there, because I'll need to petition the county board of commissioners in order to have the courthouse opened on the weekend. If people are interested, I'm happy to do so, but I'll need to get on it right away.

So...a courthouse tour on Saturday, June 23, at 10am...yea or nay? I'll collect comments over the weekend and then decide on Monday whether there's sufficient interest.

Thanks so much!

2. Schlitz

Schlitz

Apr 22, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    Dave Talboys
    Sommer - I vote yes. However, even though time is getting short, I am still not able to commit 100% that I will be there that weekend (doggone work keeps getting in the way!). The architecture of these buildings is something not to be missed.

Here is an outside shot I took about 5 years ago when I was back home in Mason for visit of our courthouse:

475514418_79c6c98d83_o.

3. LOL, I'm gonna follow the crowd where ever we go! That's a beautiful courthouse! Lovely photo!