Michiganders get together!

I still can't guarantee I'll be available then, but I will certainly do my best. It would be great to meet all you fellow Michiganders! :smile:

Darn, I'll miss it. We don't get up there until June 28th..and we'll be in the Traverse City area after that --Glen Lake. So if any of you all find yourselves up that way be sure to contact me. The national park up there is incredible for photography.

Have fun! It sure will be fun for you all.

Gaye

Darn, I'll miss it. We don't get up there until June 28th..and we'll be in the Traverse City area after that --Glen Lake. So if any of you all find yourselves up that way be sure to contact me. The national park up there is incredible for photography.

Gaye

My wife and I have tentative plans to be in Central Lake area, around the 28th. If that firms up, maybe we could meet for dinner or something, if you have the free time. :biggrin:

My wife and I have tentative plans to be in Central Lake area, around the 28th. If that firms up, maybe we could meet for dinner or something, if you have the free time. :biggrin:

We're flying in on that afternoon from Florida...but stop by our house if you're up at Glen Lake. We'll be there on the 28th... I'll PM our address and phone etc.

We're flying in on that afternoon from Florida...but stop by our house if you're up at Glen Lake. We'll be there on the 28th... I'll PM our address and phone etc.

Yes, that would be fun. Central Lake is north of Traverse City, maybe 30 minutes or so. Can't remember, I've not been up there since 98. :frown: I'm hoping that our plans to go up there work out.... I seem to recall that there are some lovely areas that need to be in front of my cameras. :smile:

I just noticed PM is waiting for me, which I assume is yours, so will followup there.

Here's some cool info on the festivities at the Howell Balloon fest.

http://www.michiganchallenge.com/events.htm

Looks like a 3 day event. Heh, I was surfing the web, looking for dog agility shows and this popped up. This is very cool stuff. Lots of photo ops, balloons, dog show and good company. It just don't get no better than that! :biggrin:

Here's some cool info on the festivities at the Howell Balloon fest.

http://www.michiganchallenge.com/events.htm

Looks like a 3 day event. Heh, I was surfing the web, looking for dog agility shows and this popped up. This is very cool stuff. Lots of photo ops, balloons, dog show and good company. It just don't get no better than that! :biggrin:

Ain't that the truth! I'll be working on something to pass out - hopefully something from Nikon.

Hmmm, a dog show could be fun too! LOL! Man, we're gonna have so many choices of what to do for fun, it ain't funny!

I'm looking at making it out that way, all 3 days. Lots of stuff to shoot, if the calendar of events is any indication. Dunno if I'll be able to hang all day, each day, but I'm gonna give it a whirl. :biggrin:

I'm looking at making it out that way, all 3 days. Lots of stuff to shoot, if the calendar of events is any indication. Dunno if I'll be able to hang all day, each day, but I'm gonna give it a whirl. :biggrin:

Actually, I think the shoot is only 1 day. Sommer will be the one to determine how long it actually lasts - we were trying to plan for only 1 anyway. No matter what we do, I'm looking forward to being with everyone!

Actually, I think the shoot is only 1 day. Sommer will be the one to determine how long it actually lasts - we were trying to plan for only 1 anyway. No matter what we do, I'm looking forward to being with everyone!

Dunno much about the shoot you're talking about with Sommer, only what she's posted in this thread. I certainly plan to try to make whatever meets that y'all invite me to attend for that Saturday.

I live about 60 miles from Howell, with about 55 miles of that being a relatively straight line interstate. I could be there in 40 minutes, if there weren't so many speed traps... :biggrin:

With all of the interesting photo op stuff going on at that festival, and given that I live rather close, I'm also planning to attend as much of the festivities that I can, on Friday and Sunday as well. I don't intend to impose upon Sommer's generosity for those days.

I know that most of you folks have travel plans and other itineraries that don't involve the full Howell festival activities, or may not involve it at all. I don't expect y'all or Sommer to do the same, but you're certainly welcome to join me if you wish. :smile:

I plan to take a ton of photos that weekend, if you bring that sunshine and blue sky like you promised. :eek: :biggrin:

Latest threads

Top Bottom