Micro lens - Flash

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Rob, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    I have bought a 105 mm Micro-Nikkor lens. It is manual, which is fine by me.
    I was using it in woodland to photograph some fungii, then discovered it does not activate the onboard flash of my D70s in any mode.
    I'm obviously missing the point somewhere :Depressed . Any suggestions which don't involve frontal lobe surgery would be appreciated.

2. nfoto

nfoto Guest

Since the lens is manual, it cannot communicate with the camera at all. Hence no flash activation.

Isn't there a flash program somewhere on the D70? Or you can push that small button which pops the flash up (on my two D70 cameras this is no longer feasible, because both the button *and* the flash have been superglued into a fixed position. You might consider this a statement of my attitude towards that flash unit :mad: ).

3. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    Thanks Bjorn, the answer had to be simple, because I can only do difficult, such as helicopter aerodynamics :eek: .
    The baby flash all I've got to work with at the moment so I'll hold back on the superglue. :smile:

4. Ibn

Ibn

Jun 28, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    It's done through menu item #19 (Flash mode) on manual. You still have to pop up the flash yourself (button on the side) and will have to adjust the flash power via the menu, but it'll fire.

Let me know if you need any other clarifications.

5. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    Thanks Eric. I'll have another go tomorrow and see what happens, nearly time for my ugly pills and ten hours solid zzzzzzz's. :smile: :smile:

6. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    Couldn't wait, what a star you are Eric, just what I needed, many thanks.
    Rob :wink:

7. Ibn

Ibn

Jun 28, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Any time. :wink: