Microfiber cloths

I use Woolite and cold water and a delicate setting for the washing machine.

I dry them without much heat and without a dryer sheet. They seem fine to me. They do wear out eventually, but it takes quite a while.

They seem to come out plenty clean and free of lint for me. Your mileage may vary.

E

eekjem

washing microfiber cloths

The best way is to wash them is only with other mf cloths do not wash with other clothes or towels,dry by themselves too!
Never use bleach or fabric softner!
There is a product called micro restore that cleans and rejuvenates mf cloths,if you can't find it locally let me know I stock it I'm in the mf business!
Thanks
Jeff

What Jeff said! I don't know about Woolite, I wash mine with a regular liquid laundry detergent and then run them another cycle soap-free to make sure they're rinsed.

Dry on Low.

If you wash or dry them with anything else they'll pick up lint that'll be next to impossible to get out.

Use the small load cycle on your washing machine.

Bill

M

matthew.paul

Yeah, I vote for hand washing....like when I need to do laundry, but don't have enough money...ah, the joys of being a student!

Hand wash with Woolite as well followed by air dry. I tried a couple of other detergents and they left stuff on cloth, or maybe it was me and my poor washing technique.

I use to handwash them, but since I found them at the local dollar store, I kind have gotten lazy and just throw them out and buy a new set for $1.14 (taxes included of course :smile: )

I use to handwash them, but since I found them at the local dollar store, I kind have gotten lazy and just throw them out and buy a new set for $1.14 (taxes included of course :smile: )
I guess I'm going to have to take a look a our local dollar stores to see if they carry them!!! (I hope they do!)

M

Michael Mohrmann

What kind of microfiber cloths do you guys use ?
That was my question. You see several auctions on eBay listing microfiber cloths, but it is hard to tell whether these would be gentle enough for lenses and filters.

What kind of microfiber cloths do you guys use ?
I use Photosilk microfiber cloths. They have gorgeous images of cats, puppies, tigers, birds, or other animals on one side, white on the other. To clean, I hand wash, or use a gentle cycle with warm water. I use no soap and no woolite, then hang to dry. They clean well in plain water. Here is a link:

http://www.photosilk.com

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom