Microfiber cloths

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by lbhs_rwb, May 14, 2007.

1. lbhs_rwb

Oct 16, 2006
    How do I clean them?
  2. I use Woolite and cold water and a delicate setting for the washing machine.

I dry them without much heat and without a dryer sheet. They seem fine to me. They do wear out eventually, but it takes quite a while.

They seem to come out plenty clean and free of lint for me. Your mileage may vary.
  3. eekjem

eekjem Guest

washing microfiber cloths

The best way is to wash them is only with other mf cloths do not wash with other clothes or towels,dry by themselves too!
    Never use bleach or fabric softner!
    There is a product called micro restore that cleans and rejuvenates mf cloths,if you can't find it locally let me know I stock it I'm in the mf business!
  4. lbhs_rwb

Oct 16, 2006
    I've only got two that need washing, I can't put them in the machine by themselves...
  5. billg71

May 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    What Jeff said! I don't know about Woolite, I wash mine with a regular liquid laundry detergent and then run them another cycle soap-free to make sure they're rinsed.

Dry on Low.

If you wash or dry them with anything else they'll pick up lint that'll be next to impossible to get out.

Use the small load cycle on your washing machine.

6. lbhs_rwb

Oct 16, 2006
    What can I put them in with to even out the load, though? Two little cloths isn't enough.
  7. nancyr

Feb 14, 2006
    La Jolla, CA
    I hand wash and air dry. Works just fine. I'd never let 'em near our washer; it's lint city in there.
  8. matthew.paul

matthew.paul Guest

Yeah, I vote for hand washing....like when I need to do laundry, but don't have enough money...ah, the joys of being a student!
  9. GKR1

Apr 19, 2007
    San Diego
    Same here. Hand wash and air dry.
  10. Jeffx2

May 2, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Hand wash with Woolite and air-dry works fine with mine.
  11. That's the same thing I do....works fine for me as well.
  12. why not throw them away and buy new???? just to save 1.98 (so to speak) and risk ruining a lens??
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2007
  13. What kind of microfiber cloths do you guys use ?
  14. fishlips

Apr 20, 2007
    Puyallup, WA
    Hand wash with Woolite as well followed by air dry. I tried a couple of other detergents and they left stuff on cloth, or maybe it was me and my poor washing technique.
  15. I use to handwash them, but since I found them at the local dollar store, I kind have gotten lazy and just throw them out and buy a new set for $1.14 (taxes included of course :smile: )
  16. I guess I'm going to have to take a look a our local dollar stores to see if they carry them!!! (I hope they do!)
  17. That was my question. You see several auctions on eBay listing microfiber cloths, but it is hard to tell whether these would be gentle enough for lenses and filters.
  18. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

dish soap, rinse in the sink, hang to dry.
  19. gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    I use Photosilk microfiber cloths. They have gorgeous images of cats, puppies, tigers, birds, or other animals on one side, white on the other. To clean, I hand wash, or use a gentle cycle with warm water. I use no soap and no woolite, then hang to dry. They clean well in plain water. Here is a link: