Microsoft Future Pro Photographers Photography Contest

http://prophoto.microsoft.avitivacorp.com/Site.aspx

Take Your Best Shot at a $20,000 Grand Prize and an amazing digital prize package!

The inaugural Microsoft Future Pro Photographers Photography Contest is the most lucrative contest of its kind and provides a unique opportunity for college and university student photographers from around the world to showcase their artistic talent and photographic style. Microsoft is committed to carrying the art of digital photography forward by encouraging new and emerging talent at the student level to learn, utilize, and implement state-of-the-art equipment, software, and techniques to produce the finest images possible.

For student photographers, this is an opportunity to Kick Start Your Career as a future professional photographer. The exciting prize packages include a Grand Prize of US$20,000 cash and a digital workflow prize package. There will also be three First Place winners in the following categories: Nature & Landscape; People & Portraits; and Fine Art who will each win US$2000 cash and a digital workflow prize package as well.

The submission period is May 1st through May 31st, so enter now.
The opportunity of a lifetime is just a click away!

Hope this may be of use to some members of the forum,
Kind Regards

Real Name
Walter Rowe
Make sure you read all of the rules carefully. Most contests like this are "rights grabbing" opportunities for the contest holder - in this case Microsoft. Most contests like this have text in the entry rules that says you grant them unlimited, perpetual rights to use your photograph for any purpose and in any medium without any compensation or credit whatsoever. If you do not care to do that, make sure you read the rules carefully to see if they are stipulating this as part of the agreement for entry into the contest. I rarely enter contests for this reason.

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
Sure one should read this carefully I agree with that but in all fairness to Microsoft in this case they only want rights to publish in regards to this contest:

ENTRIES PROPERTY OF SPONSOR.
Submitting an entry does not assign or transfer any ownership or copyrights to Microsoft; those rights remain with the creator of the original work. However as a condition of accepting a prize, you agree to grant Microsoft an irrevocable royalty-free worldwide license to reproduce and display the image, credited with your first and last name, in print and on the web for the purposes of promoting this contest. If you are unable, or unwilling, to grant Microsoft this right, please do not enter this contest.

Real Name
Walter Rowe
Looks like Microsoft got the license arrangement right for this. Thanks for posting the information. I know Bill Gates owns a stock photo agency (Corbus?) so I'm sure his lawyers crafted this agreement and know the photo copyright and licensing business.

Finally, companies are doing the right thing with these contests. I'm so fed up with reading the fine print and finding out they own the rights to any submitted photos... not just the winners. This one looks OK..... should be interesting to see the winners.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom