Microsoft Scam

Try speaking in an Indian accent and try to sell them warranty service for their aging phone system. Nothing flusters them more that turning it around on them.

With them spoofing phone numbers, blocking does no good.
I just let the call go into voice mail.

The other sneaky one is when they call your name, to trick you into picking up the phone.

If I know the number to be spam or a scam, I just answer the call then hang up right away.

If I know the number to be spam or a scam, I just answer the call then hang up right away.
Worse than just letting it go to voicemail. With voicemail they at least start to get the point but by answering it you're giving them hope they may be able to contact you (these people keep logs of phone numbers and sell them). If after a while there is never an answer the number gets removed but if there is ever a pickup they remain on the lists.

Worse than just letting it go to voicemail. With voicemail they at least start to get the point but by answering it you're giving them hope they may be able to contact you (these people keep logs of phone numbers and sell them). If after a while there is never an answer the number gets removed but if there is ever a pickup they remain on the lists.
Answering the phone is answering the phone. Whether you answer, or your voicemail does, the scammer still knows it's a valid number.

If I have the time, I'll pull out my digital voice recorder and play the recorded message, "Bee, bee beeeep. We're sorry... the number you have called has been disconnected or is no longer in service. If you feel you have reached this recording in error, please check the number and try again."

Not to a scammer. They know the difference between someone picking up the phone and hanging up vs. the voicemail.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom