Microsoft Scam

So my wife gets a call on her cell phone.
To top it off the caller ID was my wife's own cell phone number.
Not sure how they did that.
They said they were from Microsoft and wanted her to go to the computer and allow them to access our computer remotely so they could fix anything that might be wrong.
She hung up on them.

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
And they called me too, I let them ask me a lot of questions and pretended to do what they asked for. In the end when they wanted my credit card # I asked them if they knew whom they had called, it turned silent. And after I told them that I am (and it is the truth) a former director of Marketing in the Windows division at Microsoft, I heard a loud click when they hung up.

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
Another version which is popular here, is to get a call from your internet provider saying that you line is about to be disconnected and if you don't want it to be you must talk to them. It sounds convincing. The end result is just as bad.

"Microsoft" regularly calls with an Asian accent regarding the extended warranty support I purchased...."Dell" was calling (another foreign accent) and sending mail regarding unpaid purchases until I finally answered a call and asked for the address to send a response cc'ing my state Attorney General's office.....

lol, I have been Mac based since 2006.....

the scammer cockroaches are everywhere :banghead:

I have a google screening service on my phone, if the number calling is not in my contact list the call is answered by google and asks them to state their name and the reason they are calling. This “conversation” gets displayed on my phone and there is a button for me to accept and take over the call. 99% of the time they hang up pretty fast. Then I block the number. Haven’t had one from my number yet. There are far too many of these calls going on.

Latest threads

Top Bottom