Microstock Earnings through June

That's real money Glenn! Congrats. Your work here is inspirational & gives me hope one day I could actually pay for some of those expensive toys I enjoy so much... (y)

I just updated my microstock earnings through June 30th. This year is on pace to finish much higher than last year. I'm expecting about $13,000 in sales this year compared with $9,500 last year. Next month, I'll pass the $30,000 mark since I started uploading photos to the sites.

p479535327.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Glenn
Shouldn't your sub-total just above "Since Inception" read 2014 rather than 2013?
Too late to edit I know, but I wasn't sure if I was reading this correctly.
Glenn, I may have asked you this before, but are you privy to any data that would suggest where your earning levels place within the roster of people who regularly submit to stock agencies? I guess I'm curious of the number of photographers submitting to stock photography and how many people are sustaining a reliable above average income from it.

Shouldn't your sub-total just above "Since Inception" read 2014 rather than 2013?
Too late to edit I know, but I wasn't sure if I was reading this correctly.
Glenn, I may have asked you this before, but are you privy to any data that would suggest where your earning levels place within the roster of people who regularly submit to stock agencies? I guess I'm curious of the number of photographers submitting to stock photography and how many people are sustaining a reliable above average income from it.
Hi Ivan,

Yes...you are correct that it should say 2014. I would be curious how other photographers fare doing this. I am not aware of any reporting that provides that information. For over a week now, Dreamstime has me as their featured contributor. They have various images from my portfolio displayed on the main page of its website. I'm guessing they selected me out of more than 150,000 photographers because of the download activity...which isn't nearly as significant as Shutterstock.

Glenn

I assume these are sites where you sell your images? I came here tonight looking for info on this subject. I'd like to upload a bunch of recent pictures and offer them for sale (prints only and framed/matted). Does a site like that exist?

Congrats and well done, have you ever considered Alamy.
Thanks Tom...no, I haven't looked at Alamy yet.
I assume these are sites where you sell your images? I came here tonight looking for info on this subject. I'd like to upload a bunch of recent pictures and offer them for sale (prints only and framed/matted). Does a site like that exist?
Microstock agencies sell the images and then pay the photographer a portion of the earnings. It's not the best route for selling prints as the vast majority of buyers visit these sites looking for digital downloads.

Glenn

Real Name
Heiko
Wow, I haven't visited Nikoncafe for perhaps 3 years, so I'm really impressed by your microstock earnings. It's turned into real money. How much of this is from "old" stock you uploaded in the past?

Wow, I haven't visited Nikoncafe for perhaps 3 years, so I'm really impressed by your microstock earnings. It's turned into real money. How much of this is from "old" stock you uploaded in the past?

The source of the earnjngs comes from both new and old images. But, current earnjngs are more heavily weighted towards the newer images.

Glenn

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom