1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Microworld

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by UniquePortraits, Aug 16, 2009.

1. So, it's Sunday afternoon, bored out of my skull, so what to do? Go outside and terrorize the insect world with micro lenses :) 

Just kidding, I'm actually quite respectful of these critters, all these photos taken today with various lenses over a 2 hour period. One of these shots was even taken with the lowly Nikon Coolpix S4 P&S Why in the world Nikon has refused to come out with an updated semi-pro Coolpix 4500 swivel body, I have no idea, anyone who knows micro phototography would buy one in a heartbeat.

If images do not display, here is the link to the online gallery

http://www.pbase.com/uniqueportraits/microworld&page=all

Role Reversal, this wasp is eating the spider, have no Idea how it killed it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ant pile

http://i.pbase.com/o6/91/854091/1/116164040.VV6EjDBW.Micro07.jpg

Baby Lizard

[​IMG]

Dragonfly

[​IMG]

100% crop

[​IMG]

Butterfy

[​IMG]

I have no idea what this little booger is, is about the size of a water drop, I'll guess it's a baby spider

[​IMG]

Next are a Bunch of random shots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All exif embedded in each shot, gear used:

D200
    SB-600
    200mm F/4 micro
    100mm F/2.8 Series E
    35mm F/1.4 AI-S
    Coolpix S4
    PK-12
    PK-13

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2009
  2. They all look the same....a bunch of red X's.

3. You need to remove the IMG at the beginning and end of the lines.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.