Middle School Daughter sets more records

Wow,

Pictures to follow, going through tonights meet, and got way too many keepers. Be a few days yet.

Anyway, about a 1.5 weeks ago, set the 20yo 200m record. Her next step was the 400m, which got set by another kid last Monday when she was sick and didn't race. Today, she either set or tied the record...depending on if they count the .4s, or only count whole numbers.

Then tonight, I was looking at the relay teams time, which was her first time particpating in the 800x4 relay team, and discovered they set that record too! Even the coach didn't catch that record falling. Sent the coach an email suggesting she take these two speed demons and pair them up with the next two fastest and provide some baton passing instruction. They might do some real damage to the record!

I believe she has more in her to beat her own 400 time. Real question is whether she can do the 800 too! That was the one I figured would be first to fall.

L

LisaR

Congratulations to your daughter and continued success to her!

Co-Worker offered a couple of suggestions that might lead this school year to owning most of the record board. Unlikely they will get the 1600, and 3200 ain't happening, but virtually the rest of the track could be this year. Already emailed the coach and either my wife or I will talk with her after practice tonight. What a feather in the coach's cap! The irony, she's totally frustrated with most of the team being lazy, and not wanting to work, but has a few superstars. One girl who unfortunately injured herself was a very dedicated hard worker. This girl dislocated her hip, and still finished the last 100m of a 4x1600m relay, and kept first place.

Gawd, I'm now way behind on processing pictures....

But I couldn't let this one wait. These are the three record holders from this year. Lyn in the middle set the 20 year old 200m, and tied the 1 week old 400m at 66s, until today, when the girl took it back with an amazing 63s!!! The third girl set the 70m record. This is a real quick edit, I'll do this one on the desktop to get it right. going to send it to the local rag, who's already said they plan to print it. Figured I'd give a copy to each of the parents with the records and times printed on the photo.

DSC_11419.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

You must be having a blast following your daughter's events. My daughter plays high school volleyball and track and I can never get enough of it. Enjoy it while it lasts!

You must be having a blast following your daughter's events. My daughter plays high school volleyball and track and I can never get enough of it. Enjoy it while it lasts!

She has one more record left in her. District finals are on Thursday. Question is going to be, will the hotter temperatures take her down? She could have set the damn record Monday, but she had only run the 800m once this year, and has no idea what pace is required. That's the frustrating part, I can talk, talk, blah blah blah, and she won't listen, until she finds out for herself {arrrgggghhhhh}. When you're setting the pace, and finish a couple of seconds off the record, and end the race breathing normally...AAARRRGGGHHHH!

I am glad for this school year to end... Four different sports was tough to keep up with. Next year, I'll only have to deal with two! Besides, her older sister will be driving and can help with transportation!!!!

No new records :( It was close, but too dang hot and humid...

She tied her 400 record, one second slower then ther 200 record, and personal best time on the 800, missing the record by three seconds.

Track team took 1st place over all in their division. The other towns middle school also took 1st place in their respective division. Got a joint team photo to send to the local rag. Chimping the pic, looks like a great photo...considering it was on the field, after dark, and I was tired and crabby :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom