Middle School Musical

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by dbirdsong, May 12, 2005.

1. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I recently did a video of a musical for a middle school in the area, so I put my SB800 on the video camera (which was on a tripod) and used my 2 D70 in commander mode to fire the flash, this was the first time I had ever tried to do it, but I am hooked now. (No more lens lust here, but SB800 Lust is in full gear!)
    Here are a couple pictures from that night.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Musicals are fun for kids. I was in two during my High School days and I'm still singing. I'll bet the kids liked the pictures. Just try using the manual setting on your camera and dial it down until you are a stop underexposed and then use the flash as fill. Either bounce the flash or use a diffuser (Stofen, etc.) as it will go a long way toward eliminating or at least softening the shadows. I am still working hard to try and figure out multiple flash and it is really complicated. Most of my stage work I shoot without a flash as you see here. Good luck and keep shooting.

3. That's great!!! :D :D :D