1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Midnight Owl

Discussion in 'Birds' started by eng45ine, May 17, 2007.

1. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    At 11:30pm this evening, our "ever vigilant" dog ran downstairs and was barking as though someone was trying to break into the house. I listened intently, but believed that it may have just been a car door closing nearby. As I continued to listen, I heard what may have been an owl...or a dove on steroids. I threw on some clothes and went downstairs to peek outdoors to find two huge Great Horned Owls on my neighbors television antenna. I ran to get my gear and got this shot.....

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow what a catch
    Good puppy:>))))

3. Cool! I have to camp in your yard when I come in June.

4. WOW, Frank! Talk about a good dog! She/alerted you to a great photo op! Now I'm jealous! Fantastic catch! Give the dog a treat!

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks everyone....this image is certainly not artwork, but it sure was fun to see the two perched on top of my neighbor's antenna. I think that I have to attach my Better Beamer each night before bed!:redface:

6. radz

radz

Nov 12, 2005
    NewDelhi,India
    Cute.You are very quick enough to get up &click!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.