Midnight storm

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by cwilt, Aug 7, 2007.

1. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    These were shot through a double pane window during a rain storm. I will clean them up later.

181170514-O.
    If you look at the power pole you can see a light trail running down it.

181214819-O.

181219000-O.

181221090-O-1.

2. Lowolf

Lowolf

Jan 26, 2006
    Oregon
    incredible captures well done

3. bunimoo

bunimoo

Sep 6, 2006
    Chicago
    woh. very nice

4. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Thanks LOWOLF and wiggy. Lightning is my favorite thing to photograph.

5. Awesome! Now see if you can sell some to the people who's homes were hit! Lightnin' done blow my chimney off and destroy half the electronics in my bedroom back in 85! Surge protectors don't do too much when lightning hits the other side of the wall from your stereo system... so I found out!:frown:

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Sure glad you stayed inside.

Impressive lightning and images

7. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I have a crop of a house getting hit from a couple of years ago. Haven't seen a storm like that since.:frown: If lightning wants in, it gets in.:wink:
    9620010-O.

I'm rather odd and just might like it.:tongue:

8. Yowza! That is just incredible! I can feel the hair on the back of my neck standing up for that shot, great capture, I saw ball lightning for the first time last week, never expected to. Freaky, I saw it through the window at 3am, but no camera:frown: Just as well, I prolly would have screwed up the photo anyway!

9. Woah, those are some pretty impressive lightning strikes.

10. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    That house got hit twice within a few minutes time. I have proof of both. About 30 minutes after the strikes an ambulance pulls up at that house. Later I found out that the lightning took out the security system and it automatically called for help.

When I was a child our home took a direct hit. Actually happened several times. Might have been attracted to my dads ham radio gear.:rolleyes: One did come in as ball lightning and bounced around in the house. Not much damage. Took out the door bell and melted the wall mounted telephone. Thats a site and smell that I will never forget.

11. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Its been a few years since we have had a good storm like that close to home.

12. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I see that same house in your current photos, I'll bet the occupants were a bit nervous. This makes a good argument for not being the tallest house in the neighborhood!

13. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Good eye. That is the same house. And I shot from the same location.

14. sypher

sypher

May 24, 2006
    Cougar Country
    Charles,
    awsome shots...one of the craziest lightning storms I have been in was in denver. I was at a rockies game when this storm blew in and the thunder and lightning were simultanious. Thunder from the storm was so loud:Dizzy:. Of course it didn't help that they had everyone cram in the stair wells (it was @ mile high) to keep them from being exposed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.