1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Midtown Manhattan Sunset (pano)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by kpstatz, Jul 25, 2008.

1. kpstatz

kpstatz

May 13, 2008
    NYC
    3 rows, 30 frames total, D200, PTGui:

338829801_B9LQg-X3.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for looking!

2. monkay

monkay

Jun 12, 2008
    New Jersey
  3. Lovely work!
    Fred

4. kpstatz

kpstatz

May 13, 2008
    NYC
    Thank you, Dave and Fred!

5. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    So Fla
    beautiful shot Klaus

6. K-P
    very nice image
    looks great

7. Nice shot. How many frames? It looks like it could've been done with one wide angle lens?

And where was your vantage point?

8. Sanford504

Sanford504

Mar 27, 2008
    Yeadon, PA
    Oh my, what a great photo!

9. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    A really wonderful panorama. The high resolution of this image gives it a three dimensionality that can not be duplicated with a single frame with a wide angle lens.
    The blimp in the background is also very cool !!!!

Congrats !

10. Klaus.... excellent shot! Loving the resolution of this photo. What was the resulting size?

11. kpstatz

kpstatz

May 13, 2008
    NYC
    Thanks a lot for your kind words, Frank, Greg, Dez, Sanford 504, RFC and Leung!

@ Dez: 30 horizontal shots (3 rows, 10 each). I did actually take one WA shot of the scenery, it doesn't come close to this one.

@ RFC: I was very fortunate that the blimp was there at that point in time.

@ Leung: I'm travelling and don't have access to my files, but I think the size was about 28MB.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.