mild anxiety

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by huskey8, Oct 23, 2005.

1. huskey8

huskey8

Feb 22, 2005
    Hi everyone
    Well Ive lived here in fl. my entire life but really I just had myself to worry about now with a wife an a 2 and 4 y/o things are diffrent. It's 11:30 and they have just upgraded Wilma to a cat 3 and even worse they have predicted "scattered tornados" praseology I have never heard Max Mayfield use before. The winds are gusting to 35-40 right now and everyone is asleep Ive done everything I could do to protect my family but I have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach if you have a second say a prayer for my little family guys. Sorry to dump but like I said everyone else is asleep and my mind is working overtime.

Richard

2. Know how you feel Rich. I have my wife, a friend and her daughter here. Did what I can do to protect us all. Now its just wait and see. Good luck.

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Hi Richard...
    Man you can bet there are a lot of members here that are thinking of you and the rest that live in the path of Wilma.
    Stay safe...

4. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Richard,

I know what you mean my friend. My mind works overtime too on occasion. The Lord will guide you and your family and they will be safe. Be aware but also know that we are all praying for you and your family. Keep an eye on the weather and have a plan in the event you need to move quickly.

Best wishes, and be sure to keep us informed.

5. Richard,

I've been in my share of hurricanes, including Andrew and I can tell you that the leading, right side (12 to 3 on a clock face) of the storm is where you are most likely to get tornados. Yes, there will be tornados but not all tornados are alike. Some never touch the ground, most that touch the ground do little damage. Pray that the eye passes South of you.

It's a huge state, there is a very slim chance that you will be directly impacted by a tornado. You'll probaby have a bigger worry with looters and rampant crime the first day or two. It was hell in South Florida for a week after Andrew. If you're in an "iffy" neigborhood and not armed I would seriously suggest leaving. There are three kinds of people who do not evacuate; the crimminals, the people who stay to protect their property against the crimminals, and the ones too stupid to realize the danger.

I'm in the news business (15 years) and remind you that weather reporting has become sensational to keep market share... and news about looting is suppressed.

Hunker down, be smart, be safe.

Woody

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2005
  6. Know that I am with you all the way. We had Isabel come through here a few years ago as a cat 1 and we still lost our power for two days and some of my trees not to mention the inground pool liner got all torn up. I can't imagine anything any higher than a cat 1.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2005
  7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    richard ,
    We are here for you.
    Praying for all the folks in the path of this beast.
    Hang in there

Hope to see ya soon to :>))

I am in this mess to.

We will be ok.

Just be safe.

8. huskey8

huskey8

Feb 22, 2005
    Thank you all for the kind words my friends it's going to be a long night, my little one just wokeup and came out to me in the family room he wanted a drink of water and to be reassured that everything would be alright the wind got to him I held hi for 5 minutes and showed him how everyone had responded to my post he liked that and is now making little lamb sounds next to me. Thanks all

9. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Richard, from where I stand, your situation now sounds like, for sure, everything will be alright. I wish you and your's well. Hold on tightly!

10. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hang in there Richard. You and all the other Floridians are certainly in our thoughts. Let us know when you come out the other side of this thing.

11. well, 5:44am and wilma is beginning to knock on the door. Wish I could sleep thru this one...

12. Well I am on my way to work call if you wan tot thinking of you and Mary

13. bpetterson

bpetterson Guest

I feel cooped up.

Drinking nice hot coffee before power goes out.

Anybody in Wilma's path stay secure.

Birger

14. Richard and all our Florida friends, hang in there. We are all praying for you.

15. Just made 12 cup pot here Birger. You're welcome anytime... :wink:

16. Harris, Richard, Birger, Gale, Harry, Kevin, Gaye and anyone i have forgotten stay safe

17. JayR

JayR

Jul 6, 2005
    Redmond, WA.
    Please be safe & careful. I sincerely hope everyone out in FL makes it without any problems.

18. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    How ya doing down there guys..

Wet cold windy yukkkkk.

Harris would ya share a cup of coffee, I ran out :<((

what a time to run out of coffee.
    Doing ok here.

Just concerned about the tornado warnings now.
    Had one a couple miles from me and Harry had you about 5 miles from him.

Here is an image out of the door just a bit ago.

CP5000, auto, jpg.

19. Gale Harris has lost power but so far is holding up against the storm, he is callign me with updates as long as he has cell connection

20. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thanks Mike,

Tell him I hope all is well down there for them and hey share some coffee please
    :>))