Critique Milk it! (8 images)

These are my first drop art photos using 100% milk. The milk was being dropped into a margarita glass of water, but as more and more liquid was dropped, the liquid in the glass became a mixture of water and milk. Beginning with Photo #3, a few drops of green food coloring had been added to the liquid in the margarita glass.

I lit the scene using three speedlights -- one suspended above, one on the left and one on the right -- fitted with yellow, blue and green gels, respectively.

All scenes are the result of two drops of milk colliding with each other.

Photo #1
Mike 2020-05-26--005-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Photo #2
Mike 2020-05-26--009-S.jpg

Photo #3
Mike 2020-05-26--014-S.jpg

Photo #4
Mike 2020-05-26--032-S.jpg

Photo #5
Mike 2020-05-26--051-S.jpg

Photo #6
Mike 2020-05-26--053-S.jpg

Photo #7
Mike 2020-05-26--069-S.jpg

Photo #8
Mike 2020-05-26--079-S.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You're doing great with these water drop projects!
Thanks, Connie! The main reason these photos are different from my previous photos is that, indeed, the earlier photos were made using water whereas these were made using milk.

All lovely Mike. In the 6th photo , the stains at the upper part of the BG needs cleaning.
Thanks, Binnur! Though I just love your eagle eyes, this time I wonder if it's your monitor that needs cleaning. :ROFLMAO: Though I used a background of black velvet that was almost a meter behind the subject (a huge distance considering I was using a macro lens) and in an area with no light, I still took the care to mask the image in ACR and fill the background with solid black.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Binnur -- Ahhhhhhh. I just now closely reviewed the image displayed here and I see some yellow tones in the upper part of the image you mentioned. My guess is that those tones were added when the down-sized image was created for display here. That discoloration doesn't appear in any versions of the image I maintain in my archives.

Long live Binnur's eagle eyes!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom