milkweed

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by dmwphoto, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Really wanted to do a little shooting sunday. Loaded up "the beater" with gear and headed out. Got about 100 yards out the driveway when this caught my eye.
    [​IMG]

Here are a few shots of the beater loaded with gear and one includes my able assistant, Barney.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice Dave,
    I loveeeeeeeee the gold color. Great catch.

Or was that a can of paint ......lolol j/k

Nice beater, and best of all the assistant !!!!

Lucky duck.

3. Neat shot Dave...:smile: ...and.....wow:Shocked: lots of "stuff" !!!

4. Your milkweed shot has a rather alien kind of feel to it. Very neat!! Ditto on the comments on the gear. Hope you don't ride over any bumpy roads, I'd fear the stuff would go flying!! :wink: It's always interesting to see what/how others carrying around.

5. Hm, really like that milk-weed pic. Is that more or less out of the box or did you do some duotone thingy to it?

Cheers

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    The milkweed shot is kind of fantasy-like....really cool!

And Barney, what a cute puppy....

7. Thank you everyone for the comments. The shot is "out of the box" so to speak. the gold tone is from a gold reflector as this was shot at mid day and the light was otherwise harsh and the diffuser did not render it the way I liked. I cheated on the dew (see spray bottle in back of truck). I suppose I could have had my assistant "water" it for me... nah........

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2005
  8. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    That's a neat shot of the milkweed, Dave. That's one to sit and ponder-- "What is it?" "How'd he do that?"
    Impressive collection of gear too, but I don't see lunch -- good assistants don't work cheap.

9. I have come back to view the picture many times. I must say that I really like it. It definitely has a unique look to it. Great eye!

10. Bob and Greg,
    Thanks!
    BTW I keep a few treats handy for my assistant, no worries.