Mimes in the Plaza

R

Rick Waldroup

Mimes in the Plaza - Santa Fe, New Mexico

The camera was a D1x with an 18-70 zoom

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

R

Rick Waldroup

cool shot, rick
love the b/w treatment
do you have any more to show us?

Thanks Greg. That was the really only decent shot that came out. I happened to be passing through the Plaza, I was working at the time, and got off just a few shots of the mimes. Fortunately, for this shot, a slight gust of wind came along and ruffled the girl's dress. :smile:

After processing the shot, to me, it looked much better in B&W. However, I convert about 90% of what I shoot to B&W. :cool:

C

CougarWilbur

I like the blank expression on his face. Nice image!

I really like the picture.

And it's one of the many demonstrations that you don't need the latest equipment to get good pictures (and I say that as a D3 owner).

R

Rick Waldroup

Thanks for the kind words Newt and Walter.

Walter, I love that old D1x. I originally bought it to use as a second camera along with my D2H and it wound up being my everday camera. I have printed this image as large as 13x19 and it looks really nice.

R

Rick Waldroup

Thanks Dianne, the color shot is not bad either, but when I converted it to B&W, like I do most of my stuff, it just seemed to fit the mood much better.

Great picture. The Plaza in Santa Fe is almost always alive with something interesting. It's a great town.

R

Rick Waldroup

Art, I was in Santa Fe only for a short time, but I love that place. I intend on going back sometime next year and spend a few days. While in The Plaza, I had a couple of beers at The Sleeping Dog ( I believe that was the name) and had my fortune read, for free, by a fortune teller who just happened to be sitting at the bar, having lunch. Then I steppped outside and got off a couple of shots of the mimes. The place is beautiful.

I know The Plaza is a big tourist spot, but I was able to drive around a bit and visit some other places and Santa Fe really is unique.

Very nice image, Rick. Santa Fe, and the rest of New Mexico, is ideal b/w country. Be careful... New Mexico has a way of getting inside Texans and we end up living here.

R

Rick Waldroup

I was wondering when you were going to chime in here, David. :smile:

This was my first visit to New Mexico, and you are right, I did not want to leave. Unfortunately, I was there for work in what was probably the worst gig I have ever had. I was on the road for two weeks with a new and upcoming punk rock band, doing promo work for their record label as well as posting the photos on their daily blog.

Suffice to say that I will not name the band, as I would never want anyone to have to endure their music. Their music sucked, their record label tried to stiff me on my pay, the band members where a bunch of prima donna jerks, and on and on and on it went. Two weeks of absolute hell.

But, we did hit New Mexico for a couple of days and I was able to escape my captors and get out by myself for just a few hours here and there.

And I am afraid you may be right. My wife and I are planning a trip next year. You may have a new neighbor soon, my friend. :cool:

Rick :

Right in my back yard, and I missed shooting them ! Jeepers, this irks me no end.

Y'know... < long pause >
... a mime is a terrible thing to waste. :rolleyes:

John P.

R

Rick Waldroup

Rick :

Right in my back yard, and I missed shooting them ! Jeepers, this irks me no end.

Y'know... < long pause >
... a mime is a terrible thing to waste. :rolleyes:

John P.
Groan....... I almost fell out of my chair when I got to the bottom....:biggrin:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom