Mine's here too! YIPPEE!

Vienna, Virginia (Washington DC Suburbs), USA
Got mine in time to take a few shots of the Black-eyed Susans in the backyard this afternoon.

With the 105VR

72928susam2-vi.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

72928susam1-vi.jpg

More later, now time for dinner...

Lookin' good, Rich! Congrats and try not to choke on dinner......with all the excitement and all :wink:

A couple more shots a few impressions. Dinner was great Francis, thanks! No choking. We went to a farmers market and got some great corn to accompany some chicken mango sausage that I grilled up! Perfect July food...

Anyway!

I am not a really good reviewer, but so far there is nothing that drives me crazy. All the changes (moving from the D300) are positive! Low light performance is fantastic, and focusing seems VERY quick. Subjectively, it seems faster than my D300, but man, that was fast to me too. BIF? Who knows, there are no BIF in my basement. ;)

There are many nice touches. It certainly is heavier, but feels very much like the D300 in the hand. The menu system is very similarly laid out, with more options of course. Some have talked about the CF door, I like it, no problem. Some have talked about the VF, I find that it really blows me away, a huge difference from the D300. I am an eyeglass wearer, and often I forgot that shooting information was available when using the D200/300. Not so with the 700 so far... Some have talked about the multi-selector, and I find it very nice actually. Maybe I am just too easy to please...

Two shots, both handheld.

1. Running on Empty...

ISO 3200; f3; 1/30; 105VR

72928empty-vi.jpg

2. Bella the Beautiful

What's a first night with a camera without the cat shot??? :)

ISO 1600, f/2.8, 1/30; 60mm (24-70)

72928bella-vi.jpg

Rich: Great cat capture:smile:.I wish I knew what he is thinking when you took that. Maby somthing "like stupid human, put down that camera, and fill up my cat bowl".:biggrin: Or maby at least he's not using a flash.:tongue: .The art work behind him to the right of the photo compliments his color. The expression on his face makes me smile.

Gregory

Rich: Great cat capture:smile:.I wish I knew what he is thinking when you took that. Maby somthing "like stupid human, put down that camera, and fill up my cat bowl".:biggrin: Or maby at least he's not using a flash.:tongue: .The art work behind him to the right of the photo compliments his color. The expression on his face makes me smile.

Gregory

Gregory, well, he is a she and she does have a very expressive face, often, however, the meaning of the expression is difficult to discern. :biggrin: More than likely you are correct: wonderful daddy, put down that camera, and fill up my cat bowl! The artwork is actually a nicely blurred Trader Joe's bag!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice shots Rich. Congrats on the new body and the sb900.

Rich...boy do I envy you that camera. I'll look forward to your usual good work....only now even more so. Congratulations.

Thanks Amir and Harry. I am itching to get out but the temps and humidity are just beastly right now, and for the foreseeable future. I am going to have to get up early :frown:

Took a walk this morning with my lovely model (and daughter) Claire...

1. 32mm, f4, 1/100, 24-70

73008cmo1-vi.jpg

2. 70mm, f4, 1/125, 24-70

73008cmo2-vi.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom