Mini Cafe Get-Together in Chicago - Thanks Frank, Marissa & Ty

I am in Chicago for a few days for some training and had the wonderful opportunity to meet up with Frank, Marissa, and Tyrone this evening for dinner. I met Frank and Marissa last year when they came to Huntsville for the get-together and of course saw them the end of March for the annual meeting. They are such wonderful people and gracious hosts. I was thrilled that Frank invited Ty to join us, so that is one more member I have had the pleasure of meeting. While I haven’t been on the café much lately, I have been shooting quite a bit. In fact, I was able to hang out with Rex for part of two weekends and I am behind on my processing so I don’t have any pictures to share.

This is such a wonderful place, and just to think if Frank and Marissa had never come to Huntsville this wouldn’t have been possible, and I may have never met Ty, either.

Here is the obligatory group photo from about 1/2 hour ago. First, it was a lot darker than it looked and drizzling. I fired the flash and used about a ½” shutter speed to catch the light from the skyline. After telling everyone to stay still, I’m the one who moved and is blurry! Ha, that’s what I get being the rank amateur in the group and trying to give instructions!

From Left to Right: Jonathan (a co-worker of mine, and a future member I feel sure), Marissa, Tomerrifc/Tyrone, Eng45ine/Frank, Me

153112109-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Thanks Mason. In about 2 weeks time, I'm going to meet Frank and Rich in Chicago and is getting very excited now.

Looks like lots of fun! It's so great when Cafe' members get together and have a good time.

Thanks for sharing the photo of your mini-get-together, Mason!

Wow, your image came out so much better than I ever expected that it would. The weather was absolutely terrible, but you pulled this image off with ease. Thanks to all for a very nice time last night, the casual Italian dinner and wonderful conversation was wonderful. It sure would have been nice to walk around the city a while, but the weather occurred the evening prior.

This is great, thanks for posting Mason! Having met you, Frank and Marissa in Huntsville it is nice to "meet" Ty here. You are a sharp looking group and I look forward to see Jonathan join the Cafe.

I always love the shots from these get-togethers! Looks like you guys had fun... thanks Mason.
Thank you. I enjoy seeing members meeting up too, and I'm glad I could do it outside of Huntsville.

Thanks Mason. In about 2 weeks time, I'm going to meet Frank and Rich in Chicago and is getting very excited now.
Thanks Phil. Frank told me that I was going to miss you. Maybe one of these days we will meet and I am looking forward to it.

Looks like lots of fun! It's so great when Cafe' members get together and have a good time.

Thanks for sharing the photo of your mini-get-together, Mason!
Thanks Leigh, and I haven't forgotten about taking Patrick fishing!

great image, great times
Thank you Dave. It was a great time, but as Frank pointed out even the weekend in Huntsville is too short!

That is a wonderful image.
Good work
Looks 3D
That background looks great
Thanks Gale. We were suppsoed to come to Florida for training until it was cancelled. I would have tried to meet some folks there if we had come. My co-worker was willing to drive a bit (he really wanted to do some bird watching).

Wow, your image came out so much better than I ever expected that it would. The weather was absolutely terrible, but you pulled this image off with ease. Thanks to all for a very nice time last night, the casual Italian dinner and wonderful conversation was wonderful. It sure would have been nice to walk around the city a while, but the weather occurred the evening prior.
Thanks again for a great evening. As for the picture, I am very happy considering that I had to wipe water off the lens after every shot. I didn't mind the light rain at all, and the skyline looks pretty cool in the weather.

Thanks for sharing Mason. Great shot of all y'all and the skyline. Are you going to shoot some baseball with Frank while your there?

This is great, thanks for posting Mason! Having met you, Frank and Marissa in Huntsville it is nice to "meet" Ty here. You are a sharp looking group and I look forward to see Jonathan join the Cafe.

Thanks Frits. Ty kind of steals the photo, doesn't he? Jonathan is a serious caver. He is alway showing me pictures that people have made of the huge indoor "rooms" in the caves. He shoots a Canon AE1 film camera but he is interested in digital. I think we can get him to make the jump. I am batting .300 as my former boss just bought a D80 last week, but I have two other friends who are pretty serious about getting started.

Thanks for sharing Mason. Great shot of all y'all and the skyline. Are you going to shoot some baseball with Frank while your there?

Thanks for looking Rex. No baseball this trip. The Cubs are out of town, and Frank and Jonathan we interested in seeing them. I think the Sox were in town but that didn't work out.

Speaking of "y'all", Jonathan and I dropped a bunch of "hey y'all!" on them at dinner last night. As Frank pointed out, "I don't think you guys are in Huntsville any more!"

Hey Mason,

That is a great shot. Like Frank mentioned I don't know how you pulled it off in that driving drizzle but it looks great. And thanks to you and Jonathan for such a great time. I just loved all of the information you guys shared about Alabama. I am so looking forward to the next Cafe get together that I do plan on making. Frank and Marrisa, it is always a pleasure when we get together. I had so much fun with us just talking. Of course it would have been great to get out and shoot but of course the weather would not allow. Maybe next time we will have some nicer weather.

Mason, you and Jonathan, have a safe trip back.

Can't wait to hook up with Phil and Rich!

Wow, what a great gang you all look together - any more to share, please?

Sorry Paul, I have no more of the group but here are a few from Monday:

"The Bean"
153296463-L.jpg

153296813-L.jpg

The Old Water Tower:
153297049-L.jpg

Hey Mason,

That is a great shot. Like Frank mentioned I don't know how you pulled it off in that driving drizzle but it looks great. And thanks to you and Jonathan for such a great time. I just loved all of the information you guys shared about Alabama. I am so looking forward to the next Cafe get together that I do plan on making. Frank and Marrisa, it is always a pleasure when we get together. I had so much fun with us just talking. Of course it would have been great to get out and shoot but of course the weather would not allow. Maybe next time we will have some nicer weather.

Mason, you and Jonathan, have a safe trip back.

Can't wait to hook up with Phil and Rich!

Thanks Ty, it was great to meet you. Tell Phil and Rich that I said, "Hi".

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
so good to see all of you,

I am already looking forward to perhaps seeing some of you up at oshkosh this summer! and Again in December when I am in town for a conference!

Can't wait!

Great shot Mason,

Good seeing the familiar faces.

Wade

Latest threads

Top Bottom