Mini Nikon Cafe Shoot

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by dmwphoto, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Got together with two great guys today and headed out at 4 am for a shoot on the Blue Ridge Parkway near Vesuvius, Va.
    Dave Dickerson, and Biggstr6 and I all got up around 2am to do this crazy but fun stint.
    Here are a few quick edits to share. I am sure they have better to share later.

Just before sunrise
    [​IMG]

A few minutes later at another location
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dave Dickerson in his office
    [​IMG]

Biggs
    [​IMG]

one last stop before leaving the mountain

[​IMG]

We had a great time!!

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very very nice. Looks like a great bunch of fun

3. Thanks so much Gale! It was really a nice trip with these guys. I suspect they are both taking a nap about now.......(as I should be)

4. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

5. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    WOW! Great results. I would rather be shooting and out with my family and friends. I'm looking forward to a break from this heavy work load.

Thanks for sharing dave!

6. Paul and Patrick,
    Thank you and wish you all could have joined us for it was great fun and Paul you are correct about the getting out and doing "stuff"

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Great series Dave and what a treat to see more of our members getting out together. The waterfall is perfect!

8. Beautiful set Dave. It's great to go shooting with friends, so much so that even getting up early and taking long trips can be fun.

9. Thanks Frank!!

10. Phil
    You say that like you have experience in such a trip ;~))
    Thank you sir

11. WOW, Dave! You should be working for one of those travel magazines! Seeing these makes me wanna come up and visit a while! Absolutely beautiful - every one of them!

12. Very nice Dave! Two am, huh? I'd have to think about that a looooong time.

:rolleyes:

13. Thanks a lot Dianne.
    Thank you too Rich. The trick is NOT think about it very long at all or even I would not do it!

14. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Dave , Thanks again , I had a good time today.
    Your waterfall turned out great didnt it.

15. Good images Dave and it is nice that you could get together with two members from the Cafe.

16. Biggs- I had a great time as well. Glad you could come along. I enjoyed the 2 images you put in the CS but c'mon man, MORE!
    Gordon- thank for looking and for your comments. It is indeed a pleasure to shoot with friends.
    Dave

17. Good goin' Dave.

You guys need to come over to this corner of the Commonwealth sometime. We've got a lot to show you!

18. Jim
    Thanks! You are right, need to come down your way and see some of the splendor in your area. Sorry to have missed the wildflower bloom.
    Dave

19. What a day. Great shots and ticklers, waiting for more.

20. Very sharp and colorful pictures, I particularly love the last one.