Mini printer thoughts?

B

Bill N

Kind of a general question that hopefully others will be interested in. Does any one have experience they would share about the little mini printers that just print 4x6 or 3x5 prints? Thinking of maybe picking one up to create some photo boards for my son's upcoming open house and then have to maybe keep photo albums updated with more current photos. Brand? The good? The bad? Thanks for any ideas you can share.
Bill

I dunno, Bill. I think I'd just drop the cabbage on a nice printer and some smaller photo paper. I wouldn't wanna be limited to small prints. I've got the Epson R2400 (had it for several years) and I'm still happy.

I've worn out two Epson Picturemates doing 6x4's. Easy to use with long lasting, vibrant prints on lustre or glossy paper.
I use a R1800 for large prints but it is too much hassle for small prints.

B

Bill N

Sorry for the delay in getting back to this thread. I'll do some more looking. I have an Epson I use for medium sized prints. I do a few larger prints but those I send out. I just might give a go at the Epson Picturemate, I really want to just keep it fast and simple if I can. Thanks, Bill

I picked up one of the Canon Selphy dye-sub printers that prints 4x6" photos. It's not the fastest, but the print quality is quite good. Big bonus - it's super simple to use. Easy enough for my parents to plug it into their camera and make it work. It's not the cheapest on a per-print basis, but you can't beat the convenience of printing your own photos right away.

Dunno. I had some manor of epson for awhile, it did an alright job I guess. If there's a mini lab around that you can trust I think that's probably an easier option that yields better results. IMHO you can't beat 17 cents a 4X6 at costco.

I think I paid about $75 for my little printer, the cost of the paper/printer cartridges aren't really cheap. IMHO it's easier to go to costco, but your mileage will obviously vary.

Latest threads

Top Bottom