Review Mini-review, Nikon 200-500 in tough conditions

W

Wileec

Thank you. That being said, of course, whenever the two converge, both get better. Truly a case of the parts becoming more than the whole.
Thanks for the kind comments!

And, I hear you when things converge. Honestly I've been known to get misty eyed those few times I experience that convergence.

(undesired content removed)

Last edited by a moderator:

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Thanks for the kind comments!

And, I hear you when things converge. Honestly I've been known to get misty eyed those few times I experience that convergence.

I get to see so many critters that I know others won't. Whether Africa, Galapagos, South American countries, or the many places here in the US that are pretty cool, it's a big responsibility to aim to capture images of a species that many/most may never see in the wild, so when light and a cooperative subject converge to yield some great images, it's an awesome and humbling experience. No intent to hijack the thread, but one of those times was this past December, along the southeast coast of Texas. There is one bird, the Green Jay, that only inhabits a tiny area of Texas and a small part of northern Mexico. This was my fourth trip to the area. The first time I was there with a biologist and he recognized their call, but we never saw them, nor did I the next two trips. Only when I went with my wife, to give her a chance to see some of the great critters in this region, did I finally get a chance to photograph this colorful bird. First a general portrait, then some feeding behavior:

View attachment 1582989

View attachment 1582990
Nice catch. Randy, Bill, I and several others have enjoyed spending time with the Green Jays in Texas!

However, this thread is really digressing from the original subject. I suggest the thread stay on-topic discussing the 200-500 lens. But PLEASE - I'd love to see you start threads with some of your images.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom