Miniature Horse has a baby!!!

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by Farmergirl, May 8, 2007.

1. This is Starlet our neighbours mini horse. She had a baby mini horse today. The baby is so cute!!! It is amazing that after only a few hours of being born they can walk. One quick question about the pics why are they not sharp like everyone elses. They were shot with my 18-70mm lens A/priority @f9. I could really use help with getting sharper pics. Thanks for looking!!

Sarah

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. O that baby is just adorable!!!! Look at those thick legs, wow!!! :smile:

For sharpness, I use Photoshop Elements, and use the Unsharp mask on my pictures.

3. Looks a little Knock Kneed to me. LOL

There is no EXIF with the pictures so it would only be a guess as to the problem. My guess is slow shutter speed.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Sarah,

These images don't look bad at all to me. A little underexposed perhaps, but still excellent captures. What were your shutter speed settings?

5. Thanks for commenting guys, my shutter speed was 1/80 and my iso was 400.
    sarah

6. Still trying to figure photoshop out. What version do you use?

7. BirdLady

BirdLady

Jan 8, 2006
    Alabama
    Great shot, Sarah. I wouldn't like it as much if it were sharper. Sometime a sharp picture takes away from what can be a gentle, soft or loving moment captured in a picture. I hope this makes sense to you.

8. Since this a farm setting, you can always use the top of a fence post as a "monopod" (or the edge of a building and your own two legs as a "tripod"), squeezing the shutter release button slowly (so you are surprised when it happens). Stabbing at the shutter lelease if one sure way to obtain "uncrisp" images. Try to make every image as crisp/sharp as possible - post processing can add "blur" but in almost all cases it cannot make blurry images sharp.

9. Cute images! Newborns are always worth photographing and these images are fine overall.

10. Yes it does make sense. Thanks for commenting and looking at my post!

11. I always forget about using my legs as a tripod. Thanks for reminding me!!

12. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    Cuteness alert! Adorable! :)