Minimum Requirements for Tethered Shooting

When I'm at home and I want to shoot tethered I shoot into Lightroom on my iMac.

But when I go out, I don't want to carry my 27" iMac. I was thinking of getting a MacBook, but when I stop and think about it, I just can't justify spending that much on something I don't do very often.

So that started me thinking about maybe just getting a cheap laptop of some sort, just to use to shoot tethered into. However I have to say, I haven't used anything from Microsoft in well over a decade. I don't have the slightest idea of what the minimum requirements might be to be able to do this. I did a quick look on Amazon, and it looks like you can get some laptops from $100-300. If I got one of those, would I be able to use that for shooting tethered into Lightroom. I basically wouldn't use this laptop for anything else, as I can't deal with windows. I'd just use it for tethering. But would something this cheap be useable?

I have the Adobe photographers creative cloud thing, so if I did get a laptop, would I just be able to download Lightroom into it free?

I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance for your help.

Photoshop CC, one license on Mac Pro, one on Macbook Air. Have used Air for tether.

Repair shops have have refurb computers for cheap.

Comes down to why do you need tethered and will you pay for it.

Latest threads

Top Bottom