Mirrorless Captures Hummingbird Moth

I have been practicing fast moving subjects with my Z's. Seems to be adequate using methods Steve Perry and Hudson Henry suggest. I could have been closer or had a longer lens, but this cropped out pretty good. Originally, I had 1/500 SS but too much wing blur, so upped it to 1/1250. Probably should be closer to 1/2000 or higher. I am going to work these since my DSLR's are gone!

Hummingbird moth.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
WOW! GREAT job, John! Keep posting. This is excellent!

I just decided to spend $900 on an antique 1910 art deco lamp......that money could have gone toward a Z7 II..............

I have been practicing fast moving subjects with my Z's. Seems to be adequate using methods Steve Perry and Hudson Henry suggest. I could have been closer or had a longer lens, but this cropped out pretty good. Originally, I had 1/500 SS but too much wing blur, so upped it to 1/1250. Probably should be closer to 1/2000 or higher. I am going to work these since my DSLR's are gone!

View attachment 1688131
Very nice. I like the little bit of wing blue in this one.

JLH

Well, thanks to Grandma I already have two early 1900's Art Deco lamps (very pretty, BTW) .......so does that mean I can get the Z7 II now?

Nice shot. I have done some of those with my D500 in the past but have not had the chance to try it with my little Z50.

Latest threads

Top Bottom