Misc Flight shots from Viera

Got to shoot a variety of flying birds last Saturday @ Viera with Gale. Here are a few...

I thought this shot shows off the Glossy Ibis' colors pretty well
073005GlossyIbis.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A pair of white ibis
073005IbisFlying.jpg

A very difficult bird to find these last 2 trips out there and my first flight shot: a Least Bittern
073005LeastBittern.jpg

A head-on Osprey with fish in claw
073005OspreyFlying.jpg

One of the last shots of the evening, with the sun behind the rain clouds, taken at ISO500: A Great White Egret
073005GWEFlying.jpg

And probably my favorite flying bird because of the color: A Roseate Spoonbill
073005Rosie.jpg

Excellent shots Kevin. I can't wait to get back down there so I can shoot with you guys. I can just picture each moment of the day that you and Gale had. 8)

Fantastic love the osprey, now I hope you take time to say a little prayer every night that you have these guys at your disposal every time you see them :wink:

Flew said:
Excellent shots Kevin. I can't wait to get back down there so I can shoot with you guys. I can just picture each moment of the day that you and Gale had. 8)

We're anxiously awaiting your return! :) It's so much fun to go out and shoot with folks who share the passion. I'm planning on going out this weekend to scout out a possible new location for MI3. Supposed to be the largest concentration of Bald Eagles in the country (or so says the website) and also Caracaras. Also found another location to scout out so maybe Sunday or the following weekend. Both are within reasonable distances to Viera.

Been doing some research on Desoto Park on Tierra Verde (St Pete/Tampa area), but that's probably too far to go. It's nice to have such a large variety of locations! :wink:

mike mac said:
Fantastic love the osprey, now I hope you take time to say a little prayer every night that you have these guys at your disposal every time you see them :wink:

Boy, if you only knew! ;) Probably need to pray a little harder, though. Thanks for taking time to have a look!

Re: Love the 1st & last the best

Steve S said:
All good though! How much reach did you have for these?

If I'm understanding your question correctly, I was using the 300 + 1.4x. It's the standard combo for all these bird shots. I'm tempted to look into the other teleconverters to try to get a little more reach out of the lens. Much cheaper than the 400 or 500. These shots have varying degrees of cropping from none to substantial. I'm always afraid to crop, though.

bfjr said:
Osprey comming at ya, very cool !!

Ben, don't give up your quest for these guys. You'll get them eventually. Can't tell you how many times I've wanted to get some shots of Ospreys. Just the last few times I've gotten lucky. Working on some more still shots of an Osprey that was at the top of a pole with me at the bottom. Hopefully can post them later tonight. Can you say up close and personal? Yikes! :shock:

It is neat that you have someplace close with this great variety of birds to practice on. Your right about the colors on the Ibis, I like it too.

F

FlyingFlowers

Fantsastic shots. I think the last one is my favorite one too.

Wow Kevin

Really great stuff.

Just got a new monitor.

Boy that glossy on here is just fantastic. So hard to capture thier colors and you got the light on him just right.

Latest threads

Top Bottom