1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Misc Items from Train Museum

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by williadw, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Some misc. pics from the train museum in Crewe, Virginia.

Norfolk & Western caboose
    [​IMG]

The cooking stove inside the caboose.
    [​IMG]

Crossing signal
    [​IMG]

Ancient typewriter used in the N&W Offices
    [​IMG]

2. Wonderful PP. Great shots!

3. Thank You Alex.

4. Nice captures and HDR work....I'd love to have an old caboose for a cabin. There are several being used this way locally since the 70's. My cousin bought one cheap but spent a small fortune getting it moved and positioned...........

Cheers

Ted:smile:

5. Hi Wayne!

Welcome to the Cafe!

Yup..I cleaned her up a bit.. threw on a little gloss black in some places where it was worn and lubricated all the moving parts and it is ready to rock & roll!

I liked the locking feature of the legs much better than the one I had. No screws to have to retighten ever few days. It is going to work out great.

Thanks for the deal...

6. Thanks

Yes..

I always wanted to have one sitting my my back yard as a computer haven. Haha

I worked for N&W for 5 years in my younger days. I was on the section gang. It was the kind of job where you came home, ate.. had a beer or two with the fellas and was in the bed by 9 pm and dog tired. You went to work clean and came home looking like you had just crawled through a chimney.

You didn't have to go to a gymn to work out. :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.