Misc. plus "red X" tip for pbase

Discussion in 'Birds' started by woundedmallard, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Hey Everybirdy,

While sharing a few images from this week, I thought I'd offer a "red X" tip for pbase users. It may be already known to some, but since I've been using it I haven't had a red x since, as far as I know! :rolleyes:
    I used to just bring up the largest version of my images in my gallery, right click on it, copy and paste the url from the properties tab, This would frequently produce a temporary red x. If you open the image then click into the edit image page for that single image, copy and paste the url from the upper right hand corner. When pasting (inserting) that url to your thread, you'll notice the tail end of the url will read " .../medium.jpg ". Replace the word medium with the word "original" and this should alleviate ever having red x's again.
    I'm not pc literate enough to explain to you why this happens, but I had e-mailed pbase help and this was what they offered and it's been working.
    Hope this helps some of you.

Reddish Egret in morning surf
    original.

A couple of Florida Scrub-jay portraits
    View attachment 101751

A fledgling (2 to 3 weeks out of nest) affectionately known as a "brown-head"
    View attachment 101752

2. Thanks Thomas for the explanation.

We also have a faq here.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  3. Thanks Phil. Sorry to repeat it, but I didn't know it was there. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  4. It's okay Thomas. It's a good reminder since not everyone has read the faq.

Thanks again.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Actually if you up load image 800 on the long side, not small, medium , large or original need be added to the image link..
    If you up load a larger image, you can open the image, and below the image is large original and soforth.
    click on the sixe you with to load and pbase resizes it.
    Not need to add the large or original etc to the link.

Really very simple. I don't know why people make it so difficult.

Thusly

http://www.pbase.com/techwish/image/73229789.jpg

This is what it should look like