Misha Bear

I volunteer at a wildlife rehab facility in my local mountains and I am just starting to try and capture the animals with my camera.

Some of the challenges are the cages/enclosures showing and the speckled lighting from the forest setting.

Misha is an 18 month old black bear that was orphaned and will not be released. She has a large enclosure with several trees she can climb. Here she is about 10 feet above her 15 foot high fence so I was able to get a nice unobstructed view of her.

D300, 70-200 @200, f7.1, 1/800 ISO 800 SB-900 for some fill (not too effective at this distance and shutter speed) several control points in NX used to lighten her color, tone down the trees and darken the sky.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cool shot of Misha, she looks happy. May I ask why she wont be released?
Thanks! She was found an orphan at less than a month old. She is too human habituated, due to having been hand fed at such a young age.

Once an animal is human habituated, the chances of them succeeding in the wild are slim. They would most likely approach people and cause alarm, and possible have to be destroyed.

Nice shot and PP Rodney. Looking forward to more rehab posts. Per the posts in the other place as (Always Learning), I have made the switch to CNX2 from LR2 and CS3 and as I get to know its functions better after working my way through Odell's and Hagen's books I like it a lot.

Nice shot and PP Rodney. Looking forward to more rehab posts. Per the posts in the other place as (Always Learning), I have made the switch to CNX2 from LR2 and CS3 and as I get to know its functions better after working my way through Odell's and Hagen's books I like it a lot.
Thanks Steve. I am still on NX 1.3, when I get a little extra cash I will make the upgrade.

Thanks! She was found an orphan at less than a month old. She is too human habituated, due to having been hand fed at such a young age.

Once an animal is human habituated, the chances of them succeeding in the wild are slim. They would most likely approach people and cause alarm, and possible have to be destroyed.
Aaaaah! Thanks for the info. Glad that she has a safe home then!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom