1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Miss Daisy !

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by JPS, Jul 25, 2008.

1. .....or did it miss it ?

Nikon D200 + Tamron SP90 - 1:180 @ f/22 - ISO 100
    original.
    NIKON D200    ---    90mm    f/22.0    1/180s    ISO Array

Cheers,
    J-P.

2. simple, elegant, very nice, J-P
    thanks for sharing it with us

3. Thanks Greg !

The lighting was quite simple: one 100W. Elinchrom in a 25"x25" softbox at 4 feet and 45 degrees (above and left of the camera), a 25"x50" white reflector at 2 feet on the right of the subject, and an SB-800 on a chair, looking up, just underneath the glass, which was sitting on a sheet of transparent acrylic !

BTW, here's a pic of the lighting set-up !

original.
    NIKON D200    ---    24mm    f/11.0    1/180s    ISO 100

Cheers,
    J-P.

4. Cool I like it...

5. Walt

Walt

Jun 12, 2008
    North Carolina
    thank you for sharing, sharp picture
    walt

6. Very nice... what would have happened without the SB under the chair?

7. Great shot! Thanks for sharing.

8. I think you nailed it.

Mike

9. You've got dirt on your glass:biggrin:

Wow that is sharp, really nice and I agree with Mike.

10. Thanks Eric, Walt, Arcinio, Steven, Mike and Tom !

Arcinio: i guess that, without the light coming from underneath, the glass and the water wouldn't be as bright !

Tom: i know there's some stains on the glass ! I tried to clean them, but i guess they're inside the matierial ! ...next time i'll use a real crystal glass... but as i shot it at my workshop, i don't have these facilities over there !

BTW, after re-viewing the image, i'm under the impression that the glass -not beiing the principal subject- is too sharp... IMO it flattens the image instead of giving a feeling of wide DOF !

Cheers,
    J-P.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.