Missed EC at the RAH

Was in London for the long weekend - wife had to go for work - so we were wondering what shows might be happening. As a joke we said to ourselves how about Eric Clapton at the Royal Albert Hall. So we looked it up and he had been playing there for the whole week. By Sunday (the closing day of the run) no more tix were available. Bummer.

If anyone on the Cafe happened to see it - how was the show?

i-QmXkzrm-M.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I've seen him at the Albert a couple of times over the years, it's always an amazing event. He always has random guest turning up on stage, BB King, Phil Collins, Robert Cray - whoever happens to be in town at the time and always unannounced - you know someone amazing will turn up but you don't know who it will be until they appear on stage. It's worth flying to London for just to see that alone so keep an eye out for next year :wink:

didn't see it

but did catch him a few weeks ago at Mohegan Sun
his "50 years on the Road" series

he needs to retire

he needs to retire

That's true with most of these rockers! I really like their music and want to remember them the way they were when we were all younger. Almost too Lawrence Welk'esque for me. This goes for Pink Floyd, Rush, Styx, and all the other great rockers.

That's true with most of these rockers! I really like their music and want to remember them the way they were when we were all younger. Almost too Lawrence Welk'esque for me. This goes for Pink Floyd, Rush, Styx, and all the other great rockers.

Paul McCartney too. Truly awful as a live act now. The Stones are still pretty good though :smile:

when he gave up the solos on Crossroads
the song I wanted to hear most
I wanted to leave

oh, and 2 back up female singers ?
please

he will always be a legend
but really
you're 70
let it go

not sure what Leonard Cohen has to do with this
but good on you...

Oops, pulled wrong quote. But in general I do not expect hear any of the afore mentioned performers as they were in their prime, but I still enjoy their concerts. Wish had the stamina of 78 YO Cohen 4, 3 hour 40 minute shows a week, with one break.

Latest threads

Top Bottom