1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Missing Battery Indicator

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by Tweetybrd, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Tweetybrd

Tweetybrd

Feb 8, 2007
    Arizona
    Well, I feel kind of silly but here goes....

I recieved my D50 last week. After charging the battery and getting it in the camera, I noticed I could not see the battery indicator. Ok, too excited to go out and shoot, no biggy. :wink:

After a few days I read through the manual to see if there was something I needed to do to "turn it on". I couldn't find anything. A few days later my camera dies because I didn't know it was low. :redface: Now I am always wondering if I have enough battery charge to do what I need to do. I am just charging it every other night or so. It is really bugging me!! :mad: 

Does anyone know if there is a way to get it back or is it something wrong with my camera?

2. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Sounds like there is a problem with the LCD, I'd either return to store for replacement or send to Nikon for repair. Turning the battery indicator off has not been an option on any Nikon I have ever seen.

3. jaymc

jaymc Guest

After reviewing page 14 of the user manual, can you see a low battery indication in the viewfinder?

- Jay

4. Tweetybrd

Tweetybrd

Feb 8, 2007
    Arizona
    That is what I am afraid of....:D epressed

I can not. If it is in one of the automodes, I see the ISO auto right above were the battery indicator should be. But that is it. I even have googled this problem and found nothing. I looked online at pics of the D50 control panel to see what it looks like on a real camera ( not just in the manual) and mine is just not there.:confused: 
    Guess it must be a problem with the display....:Sad: :Sick:

My daughter's senior prom is tomorrow and I am in charge of photos for the kids , I will wait until Mon. and call the company to see about sending it back.

Thanks for the help you two.:smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.