Missing Battery Indicator

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Tweetybrd, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Tweetybrd

Tweetybrd

Feb 8, 2007
    Arizona
    Well, I feel kind of silly but here goes....

I recieved my D50 last week. After charging the battery and getting it in the camera, I noticed I could not see the battery indicator. Ok, too excited to go out and shoot, no biggy. :wink:

After a few days I read through the manual to see if there was something I needed to do to "turn it on". I couldn't find anything. A few days later my camera dies because I didn't know it was low. :redface: Now I am always wondering if I have enough battery charge to do what I need to do. I am just charging it every other night or so. It is really bugging me!! :mad:

Does anyone know if there is a way to get it back or is it something wrong with my camera?

2. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Sounds like there is a problem with the LCD, I'd either return to store for replacement or send to Nikon for repair. Turning the battery indicator off has not been an option on any Nikon I have ever seen.

3. jaymc

jaymc Guest

After reviewing page 14 of the user manual, can you see a low battery indication in the viewfinder?

- Jay

4. Tweetybrd

Tweetybrd

Feb 8, 2007
    Arizona
    That is what I am afraid of....:Depressed

I can not. If it is in one of the automodes, I see the ISO auto right above were the battery indicator should be. But that is it. I even have googled this problem and found nothing. I looked online at pics of the D50 control panel to see what it looks like on a real camera ( not just in the manual) and mine is just not there.:confused:
    Guess it must be a problem with the display....:Sad: :Sick:

My daughter's senior prom is tomorrow and I am in charge of photos for the kids , I will wait until Mon. and call the company to see about sending it back.

Thanks for the help you two.:smile: