Mission Marsh in IR

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by Bohdan, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Haven't done much of this lately...but was another weekend "can't sleep in past 5 or 6 " so went out again and thought I'd try my hand at some IR captures:

Lake Superior at Mission Marsh Thunder Bay:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not sure whether his works or not....but I kind of like it:unsure::unsure:

2. I think that IR can be whatever you want it to be. Your WB is obviously off but your images have a certain charm. I like the last two the best. That said, green skies and water would not be my choice.

3. thanks for the feedback Gordon...I had a lot of trouble with the d70 in presetting the whitebalance for IR photography...need to work on the technique.

4. Do you have a converted camera? If so the setting of WB is quite easy. I set mine off of a healthy lawn and I have heard of others that used the blue sky to set their WB. The most accepted method would be a lawn or other green plant.

5. The camera is not converted. I did try to set the wb off the green grass. Took me quite some time before I got a "Gd" reading..but eventually I did.

6. bunimoo

bunimoo

Sep 6, 2006
    Chicago
    #2 and #3 for the win!