Mission San Jose in Fremont

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Johntu, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Johntu

Johntu

Jul 4, 2005
    Fremont, CA
    [​IMG]
    Nikon D70 ,Sigma 17-35mm f/2.8-4 EX DG ASP HSM - 1/250s f/14.0 at 17.0mm

Mission San Jose was founded June 11, 1797 by Father Fermin Francisco de Lasuen on a site which was part of a natural highway by way of the Livermore Valley to the San Juaquin Valley. It is the fourteenth of the 21 Spanish Missions in Alta California. They were founded to secure Spain's claim to this land and to teach the native people Christianity and the Spanish way of life.

2. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi john-

very picturesque photo, thanks for sharing it. i like the silhouetted trees but you've maintained the detail in the mission building itself.

in all this time living in the bay, i've only seen one mission, mission dolores, and have yet to go inside. i have been to mission san juan capistrano, but didn't see any swallows.

ricky

3. Johntu

Johntu

Jul 4, 2005
    Fremont, CA
    Thanks Ricky, I didn't see any swallows at Mission San Jose either but a lot of European Starlings and Acorn woodpackers there.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow that is a beauty....
    Don't know what else to say

5. Excellent lighting and composition. Well done John.

6. Johntu

Johntu

Jul 4, 2005
    Fremont, CA
    Thanks FlashGordon ;-)